my machine works good but doesent look to good.

Uniquecarpet

Sep 20, 2011
Real Name
Kyle Jones
Business Location
United States
ive been doing residential with my portable machine and havent had any! complaints i actually got alot of customers who gonna call back but heres the bad part my machine is old my question is im going into cleaning motels very shortly and businesses does anybody no if business owners will not hire me when they see my machine because its old?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Most people not in the carpet business will not know any difference between the different machines out there, you can have an old machine or one of the high performance machine and all the average person is going to see is a carpet machine.

The most important thing you can do is keep your equipment clean, maybe even give it a paint job if needed. While people may not know the difference between one machine or another, nobody wants to see dirty, abused equipment.

As you start to grow in the business and make money there will be opportunities to upgrade your equipment, for now take care of what you have and keep it looking the best you can and you will be ok.

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Yep the post above gave you a good answer. Your clients have no idea what your equipment will do. You just need to look
sharp and makes sure your equipment looks good. If something is said about your equipment, just say you wouldn't believe
what a work horse this is. It kicks butt. You'll see what I mean when I'm done. They will just walk away. Hey commerical
jobs, no one will be there anyway.
Nick

BigLou

Jul 7, 2011
FL
Real Name
Luis Canino
Business Location
United States
Doesnt matter what does matter is the end product/service people just want visibly clean and smelling great carpet but it doesnt hurt to clean up and take care of what you have to the best of your ability within your means