My little giant was on fire today | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My little giant was on fire today

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
It was sooooo hot humid day and beginning of my last job the neighbor comes and tells us that there's a fire in my truck. I rushed down and turned off the propane and hosed it with water to put the fire off. I wonder if the weather got to do with this. I never had or heard any such issue for the last 7 years, it's only a year old heater.

Attachments

Reactions: Dizzle Dazzle

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Boy your lucky to make it out alive .
This is why HX is the only way to go , turn key and go make the money . Propane only on a open flat trailer in my book .

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Do you have a proper 2 stage regulator on the propane line?
Single stage regulators easily ice up and malfunction in humid weather.
Yes good point, the regulator on it is the right one.

I did a proper investigation today and Odin is right there was a loose nut that's right below the regulator that leaked gas. 6 months ago I have opened it to clean the burning jets which I do once a year and probably this time I didn't tighten it enough. I have ordered the parts from LG today, cost me only $16 plus shipping. I feel blessed. Bad things do happen but the important thing is to get away from them with less impact. What goes around comes around.

Reactions: Odin and LeeRoy

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That's crazy man glad it wasn't that bad. Make sure when you mess with the pilot light gas line that you use actual line wrenches and not just any open end wrench. That gas line is pretty soft metal

Reactions: Fedri