My latest project

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I've been wanting to do this for quite a while and finally got around to getting it done. Portable Tile cleaning with the power of a TM, 1½ HP 14 amp, 1000 psi, 2.1 GPM, full pressure chemical injection and 180° inlet temperature capable. I recycled the toolbox from a project no longer needed and it saved a few bucks, but at that point it's kinda like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary. I've got about a grand in it all said and done.

Baldor 1½ HP motor and a hypro 5321C-H pump
20180425_184146.jpg

20180425_184227.jpg

I am going to try to adapt some of my little pressure washer spinners to have vacuum recovery, residential garage floors will an easy upsell, especially if they don't have to move anything and nothing gets wet.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The small one came on the pressure regulator (to allow the pump to pull chemical it can't see over 40 psi inlet pressure), then an inlet thermometer, a 2000 psi gauge before the unloader and a 1000 psi after. The 2000 psi is not necessary, but for any trouble shooting down the line I think it will be invaluable so I added it now. This setup should last a good long time, perhaps until retirement.

Reactions: SRD

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Travis, yes just hook up right to any hot water source. Recovery will either be my portable or TM depending on the job (my TM doesn't have a high pressure pump it's a Wanner engineering hydracell, 600 psi max). High rise work will be nice with this too, especially with the wheels on it.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Jim, would you consider making these and selling them? This could be what I'm looking for. I thinking about marketing showers cleaning and restoration and hiring a guy who just does showers. I don't need a truck mount for just showers.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Travis, a water otter might be just what you need and much more cost effective. I went all industrial with this project, but it will serve double duty as my pump on my upcoming ETM project. I would like to, but definitely don't have time to build anything, work, kids, grandkids, barely have enough time for fishing lol

Reactions: Travis Teague

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Finished my spare parts hard surface spinner for the above pressure washer project. I only had to buy the $16 1¼"x3 pipe repair clamp (had to grind it a good bit), but it holds everything together solidly with one bolt. The rest of the parts I had in the shop. Recovery is great while moving and it only leaves about a 1 cup+ of water when I stop and lift the tool, so not bad at all. For under $20 and a few hours after work this week it's turned out perfectly.

20180505_065652.jpg

20180504_230902.jpg

Reactions: keep it clean