My First Truckmount With Complete Rebuild PROJECT TIME! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My First Truckmount With Complete Rebuild PROJECT TIME!

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
Such a great mod! Hope your feeling better Joe;) Hows that 18hp handle a 45 blower okay???

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Since the oil system is drained and I'm finishing the cooler I can't start it :( I can't wait. However I'm having issues with that mytee waste tank. I'm rapidly developing a not so favorable opinion of it. More on it later.

TMF Big Belly Crew Founder

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I just couldn't stomach that huge red handled valve for the blower intake lube line so in a fit of complete OCD I took the angle grinder and cut it down then painted it black. I will coat the handle again with tool handle dip. It's all in the details :)
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1365181188.845095.jpg
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1365181204.228153.jpg

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

vnmineo

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
vin mineo
Business Location
United States
Blower intake lube line???

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
I hope everyone realizes the craftsmanship involved in his machine, that's no joke. Strong work joe.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I hope everyone realizes the craftsmanship involved in his machine, that's no joke. Strong work joe.
Thanks that is a very nice compliment. All my purpose of this is to strike ideas and have us all not be afraid to wrench on our machines.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Since the oil system is drained and I'm finishing the cooler I can't start it :( I can't wait. However I'm having issues with that mytee waste tank. I'm rapidly developing a not so favorable opinion of it. More on it later.

Do tell, I was / am thinking of getting one too.

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Thanks that is a very nice compliment. All my purpose of this is to strike ideas and have us all not be afraid to wrench on our machines.

I would agree with you, however there are usually 2 things that make issues for cars, technicians and customers.

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States

I HATE my mytee waste tank, curse myself every time I look at it. I see it being used for target practice in the not too distant future. Let me know if you find a glue that sticks to it Joe

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Be a little more helpful if you told us what the problem is with these tanks.
I'm working on it currently along with photos :) Johnny can you throw this thread to the mytee guy he might want to get involved.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Do tell, I was / am thinking of getting one too.
My issue is the main seals around the three lid covers they plain don't seal. The tops of the tanks are not flat so it provides a very uneven sealing surface.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
My issue is the main seals around the three lid covers they plain don't seal. The tops of the tanks are not flat so it provides a very uneven sealing surface.

Hmm, that's odd.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I HATE my mytee waste tank, curse myself every time I look at it. I see it being used for target practice in the not too distant future. Let me know if you find a glue that sticks to it Joe
What was the issue with yours? I have found most things great the drain was a simple setup, brackets very heavy duty. Just the lids blow. It needs very thick neoprene donut seals under them to be effective.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Hmm, that's odd.
Exactly the Rotomolded plastic looks warped or something. Darn it it's too dark to get pics tonight. If mytee gave you a few extra seals you could make it work by stacking a few on top of each other, I will make a video tomorrow.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
What was the issue with yours? I have found most things great the drain was a simple setup, brackets very heavy duty. Just the lids blow. It needs very thick neoprene donut seals under them to be effective.

If that's all you need I can already tell you that John LaBarbera will probably overnight those things too you. That's how gets down. ;)

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
If that's all you need I can already tell you that John LaBarbera will probably overnight those things too you. That's how gets down. ;)
Just for the record John sent me the replacement mytee lynx hosecuffs and they are excellent! I just love lynx cuffs. Thanks John also for the excellent customer service. I'm not here to bash any company but I will point put any issues I come across that's only far to share. If anyone else has a issue also they can see how I fixed the issue or god forbid see that maybe it was a defect. After all The forum is a place for ideas and guidance.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Just for the record John sent me the replacement mytee lynx hosecuffs and they are excellent! I just love lynx cuffs. Thanks John also for the excellent customer service. I'm not here to bash any company but I will point put any issues I come across that's only far to share. If anyone else has a issue also they can see how I fixed the issue or god forbid see that maybe it was a defect. After all The forum is a place for ideas and guidance.

Okay, but just remember, they're called Cuff-Lynx. ;)