Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I have an early model Jaguar 6.6 INDUSTRIAL SYSTEM fitted with a silencer. One of the quietest machines around. I gather that the latest developments allow for a greater airflow. I don't know if this will be a little noisier, but it wouldn't matter to me because the Jag is mounted in my van, parked outside and I can't hear it anyway. Believe it or not, I'd prefer it to be a little noisier to attract more attention from "nosey neighbours" who may then want their carpets cleaned!

I run my Jag with the optional onboard auxiliary tanks which gives me truckmount practicality without the capital or running costs. No choking exhaust fumes either.

Two features I have not used in earnest are the auto-fill and auto pump-out facilities. They came as standard with my machine, NOT an added cost optional extra.

Weight

One of, if not the, lightest high performance portables I have come across. It's also very maneuverable and can be loaded/offloaded with one hand once you have the right technique and van.

A problem that you may have on some carpets is wand lock down. There's so much power I'd recommend a wand glide

As a portable, it has good sized tanks.

Access for service is excellent. The tanks are easy to remove with just 4 screws each.

The machine is CE Approved for use over here in Europe. This may not be particularly relevant to you, but it means that the design and safety have to meet very stringent standards. I know of a few US machines that were personal imports and fail to meet the required standards.

I've had a word with my UK distributor and he tells me that the new internal modifications, but still the same components, produce a SIGNIFICANT increase in performance over what was already the most powerful portable on the market. When I take my Jaguar for it's first service later this year, he's going to upgrade my machine to the latest spec. This is another feature of virtually all Cross American machines. Always upgradeable

Finally, well for now anyway, The Jaguar and previous Recoil/Scorpion machines, all run 2" vac hose (but 1.5" if you require). A big performance benefit for porty users, but also a vital feature for Truckies as they don't need to carry separate hoses and tools for their back-up porty which they may need for poor access jobs.

I have yet to find a machine that can outperform my Jaguar. And CA durability is legendary.

Safe and happy cleaning
Ken Wainwright, UK (England)

petroviking

Feb 27, 2014
whats insane is that it is easy to sell a system in England than here, by the time you can complete a sale here you get so beat up it takes the profit out of it.

Ed saw a need and niche for his machine over there.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Actually, acquiring CE approval can be a very, very difficult and frustrating situation because there are specific standards by law which every manufacturer has to abide to. In other words, it helps keep the part-time garage mechanic "hacks" out of the market, as my good friend, Terry already knows. Yes, it is much different over there for sure. This is why I have to laugh whenever a competitors mole is placed on a board to discredit our efforts because they know very little about "real" quality, period.

best to all and thanks, T.

Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

You was lucky Ed if that is the only problem you have with England.
When i was there, it was almost impossible to find beer that was served cold.

That is because you kept on stealing them from the homeless person sleeping on the bench Mick. You just need to spend some of that Millions that you have and just walk into a Pub and you will find them.