My ETM Vacuum Setup, Pictures Of It. Built From Scratch. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My ETM Vacuum Setup, Pictures Of It. Built From Scratch.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
this is the mytee tank
with the rings and rotomold this may actually be more durable than a TM tank......
or I have one of these
stainless steel 14-16 gage
regular barrels are 22 gage
most TM tanks are 10-12 gage

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I think the LX motors will implode the drum. Maybe just run three 8.4 in parallel. You’ll have around 400 cfm.

Reactions: Calgary Hog

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
this is the mytee tank
with the rings and rotomold this may actually be more durable than a TM tank......
or I have one of these
stainless steel 14-16 gage
regular barrels are 22 gage
most TM tanks are 10-12 gage
Mytee tank is too big. And vacs will implode a drum. Air compressor tank is best bet. Just need a port lid, hole saw, bulk head fittings, a sabre saw and tube of silicone plus a scrap air compressor. They're all over crazylist for cheap. Easy peasy.
Smaller tank means less air to evacuate before maximum lift is achieved. But also definitely requires a pumpout.

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Mytee tank is too big. And vacs will implode a drum. Air compressor tank is best bet. Just need a port lid, hole saw, bulk head fittings, a sabre saw and tube of silicone plus a scrap air compressor. They're all over crazylist for cheap. Easy peasy.
Smaller tank means less air to evacuate before maximum lift is achieved. But also definitely requires a pumpout.
Thanks I was thinking of this one then i didn't know how to make an open head with lid.
Thanks for guidance.
And thanks Mr. Oudin.
Will try to figure out tank before motor.
Thanks

Attachments

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Thanks I was thinking of this one then i didn't know how to make an open head with lid.
Thanks for guidance.
And thanks Mr. Oudin.
Will try to figure out tank before motor.
Thanks
Thats a big tank. There is another thread from a long ways back. Guy made one from aluminum harborfreight tank. Was small. Only 6 gallon with one 6.6 on top of it. A 10 gal would be nice size. I made one from 20 gal tank. Was heavy as hell. Another used heavy wall sump basin they sell at homedepot. He had to make a lid. But it used 2 8.4 vacs parallel.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Someone here built boosters out of air compressor tanks. If I recall correctly he ended up having issues with rust.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Someone here built boosters out of air compressor tanks. If I recall correctly he ended up having issues with rust.
Yep they most definitely will. And most are already rusted when you get them. But you can epoxy it to get some time out of it. I couldnt with mine. I didnt cut a port hole for access. Ss tanks are available at a steeper price. Or aluminum. But aluminum will rot as well.
Best thing i always thought was to buy an old porty dead. And just take the tank from it. They are about 12 gallon. Something like the ninja classic had a nice large lid. So getting a pump out in there would be easy.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Yep they most definitely will. And most are already rusted when you get them. But you can epoxy it to get some time out of it. I couldnt with mine. I didnt cut a port hole for access. Ss tanks are available at a steeper price. Or aluminum. But aluminum will rot as well.
Best thing i always thought was to buy an old porty dead. And just take the tank from it. They are about 12 gallon. Something like the ninja classic had a nice large lid. So getting a pump out in there would be easy.
Yes a ninja , M5 or a Scooter tank. LX and a 8.4 in series.

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Actually take a look at the posts by Jim Morrow using 2 8.4s with 2 7.5 amp 2 stages pulling behind each
8.4. He has put over 800 hours on the 8.4s and I am not sure but I don't think he has had to replace either
of the small 5.7 2 stages. He told me that with the extra lift that these two small vac motors provide helps
his setup to clean deaper and he says it actually increases the cfms somewhat. Maybe 10% or so but really
I think that is a very efficient way to do it. Its cheap too! 4 3 stages like you have them configured should be
very powerful. But you might get more with a some less lift but a lot more cfms. Just will have to test it and see.
Hi,
So in which pattern shall we on the vaccum motor all front one first then rear ones . Or it doesn't matter.
Thanks

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Hi,
So in which pattern shall we on the vaccum motor all front one first then rear ones . Or it doesn't matter.
Thanks
I can see Calgary hooooge going to the hardware store buying all the wire nutz and particle board right now