My Carpet Engine (CTS450) stopped working! Help!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My Carpet Engine (CTS450) stopped working! Help!!

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
Hello,

I started a carpet cleaning company in Alaska Anchorage. I took this company over last year and i'm using CTS450 Truck Mounted Carpet Cleaning engine. When i was cleaning carpet last week, it suddenly stopped working and smoking came out from it badly and coolant leaked on the truck. So i brought it to the local auto repair shop and he said this T-shape part on the photo is broken and replaced it.

And then it worked fine for a couple of days and it stopped working again. I attached the video and this is what's happening. It looks like the coolant is not going through well and backing up. It looks like the guy at the repair shop doesn't know about it. Where should i bring it? I have no idea who can fix this and what is wrong with it.. There's no distributor of Hydramaster in Alaska. Would any other auto repair shop be able to fix it? This is the only carpet vehicle i have and i cancelled all appointments and don't have any income. I should fix it as soon as possible. Please help!!

Here's the video :

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I have no idea what’s wrong with your machine, but hope someone with mechanical knowledge chimes in.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Any small engine repair place or decent mechanic should be able to diagnose it unless it is an abnormal problem.

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
Pull the oil dipstick. What does the oil look like? That looks like it could be a blown head gasket.
Thank you for the response! It has enough Engine Oil in it. Actually the guy at the auto repair mentioned about the gasket and i'm not sure that's a blown head gasket..

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thank you for the response! It has enough Engine Oil in it. Actually the guy at the auto repair mentioned about the gasket and i'm not sure that's a blown head gasket..
What color is the oil? Does it look like oil should or does it look like chocolate milk? Milky looking oil is caused by water and oil mixing together.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah, this should be easily diagnosable by a small engine mechanic. I'd find someone local with a good reputation to look it over. That is an old machine though my friend!

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
I've been to so many Small Engine Repairs in Anchorage and they only do on really small engines like lawn mover and lawn blower things.. And few auto repair shops didn't even look at it and said they can't.. It's so frustrating me. Is there any better way to find a person who can fix this than visiting all auto repair shops?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Seems straight forward...it's a 3 or 4 cylinder engine...thus a small engine mechanic...not sure how much better it could get. Maybe approach a local technical school?

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
There is an Interlink Supply affiliated distributor and truckmount repair shop in Anchorage. They work on Hydramaster as well as other brands of truckmounts.

Contact Michael at Phone # 907-717-6419
Scott,

They actually closed down last year.. But thank you for the info.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Might be a long shot, but the university up there has an Automotive Tech school, do they not? Worst case, call them up and ask if they'd be willing to work on it as a training exercise for the students. If nothing else, they ought to jump at the novelty of it.