my actual power draw of the nautilus extreme and mytee hot turbo with 6% atmospheric pressure reduction | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

my actual power draw of the nautilus extreme and mytee hot turbo with 6% atmospheric pressure reduction

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Hi guys, it's my first time posting on this forum. The nautilus extreme's ametek lamb 8.4" motors are rated at 13.7 amp max as the hydroforce's manual suggests. (https://www.barker-hammer.com/items/Manuals/Nautilus/Nautilus-Extreme-MXE-200-Portable-Manual.pdf)
But we know in practice (especially with the hoses on), it's somewhat lower than that. So recently I've got a power draw meter (kill a watt p4400) to measure its actual power draw when it's wide open with a 25 ft 1.5" hose, and here are the results. Keep in mind the voltage is at 120V and I live in Edmonton which has ~6% less atmospheric pressure than the sea level. I have the mxe-200m, and it's twin cooling fans use 0.46Amp, so take away these you'll get 11.76 amp for each motor (i wasnt running the pump in the picture). By the way, it looks like the mytee hot turbo is using about 9.3 amp@120V when it has two heater cores running under load. I wonder what kind of result you guys are getting:cool: (and yes, 200 psi pump is fine for running a rotovac 360i with 3 jets improved head)

Attachments

Reactions: JRH and Scott W

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
I also need to really thank the members in TMF and steambrite, or else our company would possibly get the great equipments such as the mytee hot turbo and nautilus extreme. :)