Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Ok I'm a believer. We picked up this braided rug from a very poor father who has a special needs teenager. No longer able to afford or have the ability to take care of her he put her in a special private home care facility. Someone donated the rug but the girl loses motor skills on and off so there was urine and food stains. Smelled and looked pretty bad.

Now upon picking up the rug at the facility I met the daughter. Adorable beautiful child that looked mostly normal. Took her a minute to say hello to me when I arrived but when she did my heart melted. I gave the facility a price to clean the rug at a discounted rate. As my tech was carrying out the rug I was wrapping up the payment. Then the girl turned to me and smiled. Took her a bit but she finally said good bye. Ok back to the rug.

We decided to give the rug sucker its first use. Instead bathing we wanted to try something different. So we fired up the Truckmount and cleaned both sides. Looked lot better but of course it needs more. So we got the rug sucker, hooked it up, first rinsed with clear water then Pet Odor Plus and rinsed a little more. What were the results? Frickin' amazing! Smells and looks awesome. Yes I'm now a believer! Thanks Joe Roberts!

PS:I plan on refunding the money to help this child and clean it anytime they like for free.

pink rug 1.jpg

pink rug 2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8WqIkNz-Q

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Much respect for doing it for free Rob. Sometimes it's just about doing the right thing. Had an insurance water damage where the tenants didn't have renters insurance. I cleaned their sofas for free bc they got dirty during the water damage. The people were both deaf and mute and I don't think they really understood what was going on since they were renters.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Is this about the time I post a video of my $40 home made rug pole? J/K

Glad it worked out well.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Awesome! Did you make a new video doing this rug? I assume you used a garden hose, how much water did you use and how long did you stand there rinsing it? How long did you let the pole keep sucking after you were done rinsing? Rug dry in hours or overnight?

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
Ok I'm a believer. We picked up this braided rug from a very poor father who has a special needs teenager. No longer able to afford or have the ability to take care of her he put her in a special private home care facility. Someone donated the rug but the girl loses motor skills on and off so there was urine and food stains. Smelled and looked pretty bad.

Now upon picking up the rug at the facility I met the daughter. Adorable beautiful child that looked mostly normal. Took her a minute to say hello to me when I arrived but when she did my heart melted. I gave the facility a price to clean the rug at a discounted rate. As my tech was carrying out the rug I was wrapping up the payment. Then the girl turned to me and smiled. Took her a bit but she finally said good bye. Ok back to the rug.

We decided to give the rug sucker its first use. Instead bathing we wanted to try something different. So we fired up the Truckmount and cleaned both sides. Looked lot better but of course it needs more. So we got the rug sucker, hooked it up, first rinsed with clear water then Pet Odor Plus and rinsed a little more. What were the results? Frickin' amazing! Smells and looks awesome. Yes I'm now a believer! Thanks Joe Roberts!

PS:I plan on refunding the money to help this child and clean it anytime they like for free.

View attachment 54482

View attachment 54483

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8WqIkNz-Q
Is it worth it? Been considering a purchase but I have enough junk.
Do you think it is s time saver.
I get enough rugs but not enough to warrant the coast of a centrifuge.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is it worth it? Been considering a purchase but I have enough junk.
Do you think it is s time saver.
I get enough rugs but not enough to warrant the coast of a centrifuge.
To me it is as it rinses out the urine completely. Many times in the past I couldn't get it all out but not so with this tool.

@Steamin' Seaman

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

M4sT3R T3CH

Feb 1, 2009
Topeka
Real Name
Randall Blackwell
Business Location
United States
i have been considering buying one myself. I usually charge $4.00 per sq ft for wool rugs and 1 to 2 per sq ft for synthetics. I know I can make money with it but do you have to have a wash pit?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
i have been considering buying one myself. I usually charge $4.00 per sq ft for wool rugs and 1 to 2 per sq ft for synthetics. I know I can make money with it but do you have to have a wash pit?
My rug tech loves them. And they are quality built!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What are you using for vacuum?
Truckmount atm but Im looking at some portables for my rug shop. The maker of the rug sucker says it works just as well.

Reactions: Ed Cruz

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
When we delivered the rug back today the young girl hugged my tech. It was priceless. I wish I had my camera on. She was so exited when she saw the rug!

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
To me it is as it rinses out the urine completely. Many times in the past I couldn't get it all out but not so with this tool.

@Steamin' Seaman
A complete rinse takes some time using roller and constant water supply. (I do a lot of pit cleaning)
Then getting most of the water out say like a 8x10 wool rug can take me as much as an hour with TM and wand.

How long would it take to get most of the water out on 8x10 wool rug with the rug sucker? I realize thickness and other factors could make some difference in the time.

I have to be able to turn these rugs out faster. Reputation and referrals is bringing more rugs in the shop. And some weeks I get stuffed with rugs, and try to keep up with the residential cleaning can get overwhelming in my busy season.

Reactions: mikedsmith

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
A complete rinse takes some time using roller and constant water supply. (I do a lot of pit cleaning)
Then getting most of the water out say like a 8x10 wool rug can take me as much as an hour with TM and wand.

How long would it take to get most of the water out on 8x10 wool rug with the rug sucker? I realize thickness and other factors could make some difference in the time.

I have to be able to turn these rugs out faster. Reputation and referrals is bringing more rugs in the shop. And some weeks I get stuffed with rugs, and try to keep up with the residential cleaning can get overwhelming in my busy season.
You have a high volume pump and tank to flush with? or just use faucet pressure?

THE Rug Sucker

Dec 20, 2015
Real Name
Joe Roberts

Hi,
The Rug Sucker is only as good as the vacuum it is connected to and the skills of the rug cleaner who rolled it up. It is a tool, plain and simple. what kind of a vacuum set up do you have?