Must haves for residential window cleaning? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Must haves for residential window cleaning?

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I've been cleaning windows for a few years now and have tried every soap, pill, etc... out there except smart n kleens step dad's stuff.

My favorite detergent for Windows is Glass Gleam (3 or 4) and a couple of drops of Ecover for slip. With this combo I get the best shine with the least streaking.

However, I always keep a small bottle of Dawn on the van just in case. Never had to use it though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Reactions: alexus

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I've been cleaning windows for a few years now and have tried every soap, pill, etc... out there except smart n kleens step dad's stuff.

My favorite detergent for Windows is Glass Gleam (3 or 4) and a couple of drops of Ecover for slip. With this combo I get the best shine with the least streaking.

However, I always keep a small bottle of Dawn on the van just in case. Never had to use it though.

Call jerry at inland janitorial supply, he'll ship. You won't be sorry. 951-734-5241. Ask for squeegee type Soap.

Reactions: Lefty724

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States

Streaks lol I thought you said you were a professional.

chad9229

Jul 25, 2014
@jtsunbrite if you come across hard water and they want you to remove it, I charge $35 to $50 an hour for that crap no if ands or buts and I will spend a maximum of a half hour trying to get it off each window unless I'm making really good progress on said window then I will spend a little more time. After a half hour if it don't look like it's coming off then it probably is not, move on.
I tell them to replace the Windows. Hard water usually comes from sprinklers or dripping from roof. I never found a way to take off hard water.

chad9229

Jul 25, 2014
I Only use dish washing soap. Most soaps made for window washing are too thin. I like my water soapy, and the concentrate soaps like Dawn worked best for me.

Reactions: Lefty724

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Ok I ordered some of that soap and spoke to a nice lady as Jerry was not in at the time. I will report back in a week or so.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have the perfect opportunity it get my feet wet in window cleaning. I have a regular dusty who spends half his time in Australia and the other half in Palos Verdes. I do their carpets and upholstery. They usually just leave a lock box for me to go to and I let myself in and clean away.

Now they want their windows clean and I'm thinking this is the perfect time for em to give this a go. No one will be there watching me make a fool of myself.

So can anyone tell me the necessary tools I'll need? I'm in the process of ordering a gang of stuff from Jon Don right now so I'm hoping I can get the stuff from the,

Any advice to tips is appreciated. Thanks!
Go git yarself a 55 gal drum of Windex and a handful of rags Johnny. Then an illegal alien to do the work..Good to go bro!.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Perth Pete

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
Simon Harrison
I have the perfect opportunity it get my feet wet in window cleaning. I have a regular dusty who spends half his time in Australia and the other half in Palos Verdes. I do their carpets and upholstery. They usually just leave a lock box for me to go to and I let myself in and clean away.

Now they want their windows clean and I'm thinking this is the perfect time for em to give this a go. No one will be there watching me make a fool of myself.

So can anyone tell me the necessary tools I'll need? I'm in the process of ordering a gang of stuff from Jon Don right now so I'm hoping I can get the stuff from the,

Any advice to tips is appreciated. Thanks!
Most hardware stores will sell a squeegee and 'applicator'.

Get one of each, together with a bucket, and non-scratch scourer.

These tools should be enough to get you started.

Simon
Perth Window Cleaning