MT Tile Setup in Trailer for sale, NC!

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by Mama Fen, May 25, 2017.

1. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
    One of my guys is getting out of the biz and focusing elsewhere. Very nice, well-maintained MT setup in trailer, TONS of tile tools both floor and handheld, also a 1200 psi portable. Trailer in excellent condition as well, unit only has 1558 hours. Whole thing looks brand-new, lol. He is here now having our mechanic give it a health check.

I'm including his contact info so anyone interested can give him a holler!

Chris Rushing: (704) 804-4695

Pics to follow, will upload from phone...

2. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
  3. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +795 / 1 / -0
    I have trailer envy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Spazznout

Premium VIP

Feb 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +5,862 / 99 / -0
    @Mama Fen

How much is he asking for it.
    I am very interested.

5. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
    No idea as of yet, lol, but I'll keep you posted!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DG777

DG777 New Member

May 25, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a similar truck package, I'm asking $24k for mine. it also has less hours of use.

7. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a nice set up.

8. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,605 / 83 / -0
    Clean. What truck mounts are both trailers in this thread?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
    I believe this is the MT version of the Sapphire 370SS.

The mechanic will likely be wrapping up his inspection tomorrow, the best advice I can give anyone who's interested in the unit is to call Chris directly.

I know he's had several inquiries, and units in good shape with low hours don't come 'round here very often, lol, so it may be a case of soonest highest offer gets the goods. I'm taking a day off tomorrow (woo hoo!) so I won't be here at the store to field calls about it. Figured I'd toss it out here before I skedaddled so you guys would have a chance at it! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
    My apologies, I added an extra zero to the hours, lol. It's 150 hours, not 1500.

11. dirtysurface

dirtysurface Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame how most people go out of business in about 1-2 years after paying the master all that money

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Grn Steamer

Grn Steamer Active Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It's the same for most small businesses. They're well branded so it's easy to see when one of their people gets out of the business.

13. dirtysurface

dirtysurface Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I know someone that went out to Tmt 3 years ago we said there was 9 new businesses that had started in that month. As of a few months ago only 3 of the business are still in business.

14. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,143 / 7 / -0
    Most business start ups fail within 5 years. There are several reasons.
    1. Lack of capital - Many start ups can not handle the stress of lack of funding. They have the funds to start but not continue operations.
    2. Lack of planning - Many start ups do not have a business plan. They start a business on nothing more than an idea and they have nothing to guide them toward growth. If you don't have it written down, it is nothing more than a grand idea. A business plan will evolve, grow and become more complex as you grow. I often use the analogy of a picture of a city you plan on walking to and that city is 4,000 miles away. It is going to look a lot different once you get there and you may have to adjust your route several times, but you wouldn't take on that task without doing some serious planning or you would fail. It is the same in business.
    3. Lack of education - Many go into business without the education they need to succeed in their chosen field. There are two ways to get the education. One way is to go to classes and then get practical hands on training. The other way is the school of hard knocks. This can be a very expensive school!
    4. Lack of understanding - When starting a business one is making a commitment. Often business start ups succumb to family pressures. For instance, the number of hours required are usually much more than what is required when you work for someone else. Spouses that need more attention to make the family situation work don't lend themselves to the equation necessary for a business start up to succeed.
    5. Lack of drive - If you are not driven to succeed and, indeed, to excel, then eventually the stress of the business will cause one to throw in the towel. Business owners who succeed drive their businesses and don't allow the business to drive them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Travis Teague

Travis Teague Active Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    If you are going to pay a bunch of cash for a franchise then the franchise needs to provide guaranteed customer stream or a rock solid training on how to get lots of customers. I see lots of tmt machines for sale and it makes me sad thinking someone invested so much but the business failed. Really the masters touch franchise failed the franchise owners.

16. AZStoneguy

AZStoneguy Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +697 / 2 / -0
    They are not a franchise, they just sell a package. Equipment, training, marketing. You are on your own after that.

17. gtech12v

gtech12v Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Male
    Owner Operator
    California
    Ratings:
    +739 / 2 / -0
  18. Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,193 / 0 / -0
    #18 Mama Fen, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Looks to be, indeed. I've got the setup out in my parking lot now, lol, it's very clean and nice looking, runs strong.

The mechanics crawled all over it, the only thing wrong with the unit was really that it had sat unused for a while - bad gas, blower locked up, typical problems for a unit that wasn't run or maintained for a bit. It's running like a champ now and is essentially like new. I hate that he's letting it go for so little, but I think he's really wanting to liquidate it for capital. Whoever gets this setup is going to be getting a very good deal. The tools alone in that trailer are an incredible array.

19. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +523 / 9 / -0
    Wow wow that is a nice setup. 150 hours is lower than my truckmount. Mine is sitting at 229 hours. Even comes with a portable.

20. Enzo

Enzo New Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Male
    Bedford, VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If that's the trailer, I talked to the owner about buying it. He had a local buyer and he was going to finance it for him (lol). I told him good luck. If the new owner doesn't maintain the machine and he has to get it back, he's screwed. He told me he could get the local sheriff to help him repo it if it comes to that.