Mr.saiger and jared from odorcide

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Soapy surfactants are short term achievers. They make the carpet look good when cleaning by fooling the eye. However in a day or two they lose their luster, mat down and re soil quickly. Choose wisely.

Also many formulators walk a tight rope of putting just enough active pet odor control or cleaning ingredients to barely work. So there is a line of demarcation and sadly many under add than over add to save money and increase profits. In an effort to hide this fact they use strong and or long lingering perfumes.

We never take shortcuts and usually double what most use. We even added GM to Spiked.
Hi rob can you give me quick explanation on 100% free rinsing? I believe its rsf that mentioned 100 percent free rinsing thank you
Free rinsing detergent means it will rinse away very easily or freely. It does not mean that you do not have to rinse with water or a good rinse. For example a non-free rinsing prespray might contain fragrances that were designed to deposit and leave a fresh scent or deposit optical brighteners to trick the human eye. Ours have no OB’s and we consider them free rinsing. One exception of course are polymer products that leave deposits on substrates for encapsulation purposes.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sorry Cam but it is very poor for you to say “reading all SDS sheets and all presprays are very similar”. That’s like saying “looking at all carpet Cleaners and their work is very similar”. I could go “there” but I won’t. Why? Because everyone just talks, talks and talks.

So let me say this and it will not be politically correct. I will not coddle y’all like Scott W and Tom F as they are bound by large corporations to stay politically correct. I am not and never will be. So here is how I feel;

While others are talking sh$t I’m doing sh$t.

For example, who in this industry took 6 months and tested all the top 66 presprays? Who tested them on all different types fibers, soil conditions and soil loads? Now who over the last 3 months has gathered soiled puppy pads and has gathered all the top deodorizers and is testing them for effectiveness, re soil factor, ph, odor and stain? Oh that’s right only me. Why is that?

Because while others talk sh$t I am doing sh$t. Reminds me of the skinny guy who try’s to tell other guys at the gym how to gain muscle. It’s ignorant. Why does this all matter? Because at the end of the day all cleaners just want sh$t that works, that’s not diluted, Wont re soil and stuffed with fillers. But that’s the sh$t that is in most all of them. However you won’t find it in mine that’s why I can give an unheard of 100% guarantee. It’s the best or your money back and you keep it.

And guess where I am today while you naysayers are playing arm chair cleaning quarterbacks on your couch? Yep, testing products so new or older cleaners don’t have to listen to bs talkers and not be duped by internet hucksters. Good day.

Hey Rob, have you ever considered selling mixed cases of your new chemicals? I’ve recently had to change the chemicals I’ve been using due to my health issues. I haven’t tried most of your new chemicals yet. I’ve been impressed with all you have done this last year. I’d like to try out some of your new chemicals. I don’t just want a small sample pack though, I’m more than happy to buy full jugs of the chemicals. I would be interested in buying a case with a jug of 4 of your different chemicals.
That is a good idea. I’d be glad to put together a gallon or container sampler package. Any suggested products is appreciated.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That is a good idea. I’d be glad to put together a gallon or container sampler package. Any suggested products is appreciated.
@jtsunbrite any suggestions? I know you have used several of Rob’s new chemicals. If you had to pick four to put in a case what would they be?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
@jtsunbrite any suggestions? I know you have used several of Rob’s new chemicals. If you had to pick four to put in a case what would they be?
Now that's a good question,,, todd can you clarify what chems you might have a reaction too?

robs secret formula (great on poly, best ive ever seen)
Pure 02 with citrus
Bio Pro 10k (great on nylons, rugs)
Groutmaster

If blue thunder is available then my 4 would be totally different, I would add in the alkaline rinse.
Rug smack is a killer product
I love preload 5 as a regular steam powder

hard to pick just 4

I love rsf spiked but ill spike it myself
rsf I use several diff ways

I use robs chems because they work, He has very consistant mixes, they desolve very well, and they are fast chem reactions in the carpet. Grout Master is a very slow on its action so if you leave it to dwell a little longer the results are amazing, plus the longer you let GM dwell the easier it becomes to rinse out.

Pure 02 w/citrus is my favorite booster to pair up with gm on filthy poly with red stains or other colors.

I like to add pure 02 w/citrus to the pet products

Me and my guys are pumping out 16-20 jobs a day five days a week. So I'm willing to pay a little extra to get better quality chems that will handle a lot of different problem areas out on the job.

Until I run out of chems to use on the very easy cleans, I use that stuff for the easy ones

but when I need a real cleaner on a bad job, I use robs stuff to restore the carpet back to new looking.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Polyester has taken over the market and really has leveled the playing field for the level of experience and skills required to clean and correct soil and stains unlike when nylons dominated the market. Nylons required cleaning knowledge, dyeing, oxidizers, reducers, etc... on top of vacuuming, agitation, not running too hot pH wise and removing the dreaded graying in the traffic lanes.

Honestly, my job has slowly been dumbed down with poly's over the years. They aren't hard to clean and no magical chemicals are needed, saying they are isn't exactly truthful. Having less fillers is great for shipping, but so is just buying the pure ingredients and mixing them on the spot in just the right amounts for the task at hand. Starting with "good" water is half the battle like any professional laundry facility will, if the water from the tap sucks. They reduce costs (reruns) and chemical usage by fixing that problem first as should we. I'm probably bad for business, because I don't buy into this industries "BS" and never have. The industry has always wanted to complicate such a simple endeavor of removing soils and oils from textiles... Why? Because people will pay them to.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullsh!t!!!!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I know there was a gentleman on here from bridgepoint mentioning encap 02 to prevent wicking? Is encapugaurd green and 02 from bridgepoint same thing?
Encapuguard Green DS (Double Strength) and Encapuguard O2 are similar. But the O2 version has peroxide added. This is helpful for brightening colors and works great on tea and coffee stains. Both are good to prevent wicking.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I've been testing products, but I've only been in the game for a couple years.

I can't even find out where our pre-spray comes from. I'm told it's only our company that uses it, but I usually feel that's a line of BS for marketing but I swear I can't find anything that looks, smells, or tastes like it in any of the carpet supply stores.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I've been testing products, but I've only been in the game for a couple years.

I can't even find out where our pre-spray comes from. I'm told it's only our company that uses it, but I usually feel that's a line of BS for marketing but I swear I can't find anything that looks, smells, or tastes like it in any of the carpet supply stores.
Probably private labeled

rccva

Jan 31, 2015
www.robertscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Robert Webb
Business Location
United States
I just read this feed and it is entertaining. The one question that comes to mind is do you guys carry all these different chems in your trucks? I usually have 2 steam products, 1 everyday and 1 nasty. I carry 1 encap product that I use all the time, I have 1 product for urine, 1 for rugs and 1 for tile.

Since when did carpet cleaning become so complicated? I've been cleaning for 28 years and could count on my fingers the number of different products I've used.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I just read this feed and it is entertaining. The one question that comes to mind is do you guys carry all these different chems in your trucks? I usually have 2 steam products, 1 everyday and 1 nasty. I carry 1 encap product that I use all the time, I have 1 product for urine, 1 for rugs and 1 for tile.

Since when did carpet cleaning become so complicated? I've been cleaning for 28 years and could count on my fingers the number of different products I've used.
I think I carry a total of 24 chem jugs on my truck. However, some are duplicates for example 2 of the same deodorizers and things like that. Specialty spotters take up alot of room for example rust remover, red remover and so on and on.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Don't y'all guys love when you get a 15 foot sectional that is polyester and filled with dog hair and red Georgia clay. Darn thing took me 4 1/2 hours, and that was with two people!
No I don't love it, I actually hate it :mad:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
As someone who's seen, smelled, and often tried just about every chemical out there, let me be blunt:

1. Chemistry is chemistry. It doesn't change, you can't fake it, and if you don't follow the rules stuff goes sideways. The basics we were taught in school still apply today. Same goes for thermodynamics and physics.

2. No matter what jazzy name you give a product, or what awesome pictures you put on the label, what's INSIDE the bottle matters most. And, tangentially, how MUCH of what you put in there is active ingredient versus fillers.

3. Soils respond to cleaning agents based on - you guessed it - CHEMISTRY. No matter how hard we hope and wish and dream, there will never ever EVER be a "sauce" that gets all of every soil out of every kind of carpet. Ain't happening. Sorry.

4. Different regions have different water hardness, different soil types, different atmospheric conditions. So a "sauce" that works brilliantly in one part of the country may very well under-perform in another. You can't take the experience of a guy in Arizona and expect to recreate it in New Orleans or Michigan.

5. Just like you guys are doing this to make money, so is EVERY company, large or small, that produces or distributes the chemicals and equipment you use (and this goes for me too, I'm not exempt). Our success depends on YOUR success, so obviously it is in our best interest to listen to your needs and serve them as best we can. If I get a hundred guys screaming for a less expensive alternative to d-limonene, then guess what I'm looking into? For every fellow who insists on Parker fittings, I've got a hundred who want the Brecos because they're less expensive. So which do you think I keep more of in stock?

6. With point 5 in mind, any company can only handle so much crossover. If I have six guys who use six different brands of pre-spray that all have at least 75% of their ingredients shared, I cannot function as a business by carrying stock that only moves at a rate of one jug every two months or so to please all six guys who want "their" version of the same sauce. Especially when chemical manufacturers have a minimum that you must order to carry their products. If Prochem tells me I must meet a minimum of $5000 to place an order, I can't make a five-grand order just to get one case of "that really awesome deodorizer that guy LOVES because his customers like the smell". I'm sorry. I would if I could, but I'd go out of business and then the other thousand customers I serve would lose their source too.

7. There are dozens of chemical companies catering to you guys. And the vast majority of their products are simply renamed or "tweaked" versions of formulas that have been in existence for decades. Trend-setters like Bridgepoint and Chemspec are big for a reason - THEIR STUFF WORKS AND IT WORKS DAMN WELL. It's worked for thousands of guys, in thousands of situations, and while no one is always going to bat .400 these larger companies have incredibly successful histories. They have people like Scott and Tom who are always listening, collecting feedback, and formulating what YOU say YOU want. Don't knock this as "big companies out to get money" - USE IT to make yourself more successful.

And on a personal note - this forum is an open, free discussion of what processes, chemicals and equipment works well for all of you, yes? By the same token, it's Rob's house, Rob's rules. I may not always agree with what he does, but I'm a guest in his house and I will NOT be rude enough to call him out on stuff publicly in his own living room. Getting into a tiff over "Secret Sauce" versus Harvard versus Saiger's doesn't do anyone any good - but keeping it practical, doing side-by-side results tests, and presenting empirical evidence DOES.

Just food for thought. :cool:

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
As someone who's seen, smelled, and often tried just about every chemical out there, let me be blunt:

1. Chemistry is chemistry. It doesn't change, you can't fake it, and if you don't follow the rules stuff goes sideways. The basics we were taught in school still apply today. Same goes for thermodynamics and physics.

2. No matter what jazzy name you give a product, or what awesome pictures you put on the label, what's INSIDE the bottle matters most. And, tangentially, how MUCH of what you put in there is active ingredient versus fillers.

3. Soils respond to cleaning agents based on - you guessed it - CHEMISTRY. No matter how hard we hope and wish and dream, there will never ever EVER be a "sauce" that gets all of every soil out of every kind of carpet. Ain't happening. Sorry.

4. Different regions have different water hardness, different soil types, different atmospheric conditions. So a "sauce" that works brilliantly in one part of the country may very well under-perform in another. You can't take the experience of a guy in Arizona and expect to recreate it in New Orleans or Michigan.

5. Just like you guys are doing this to make money, so is EVERY company, large or small, that produces or distributes the chemicals and equipment you use (and this goes for me too, I'm not exempt). Our success depends on YOUR success, so obviously it is in our best interest to listen to your needs and serve them as best we can. If I get a hundred guys screaming for a less expensive alternative to d-limonene, then guess what I'm looking into? For every fellow who insists on Parker fittings, I've got a hundred who want the Brecos because they're less expensive. So which do you think I keep more of in stock?

6. With point 5 in mind, any company can only handle so much crossover. If I have six guys who use six different brands of pre-spray that all have at least 75% of their ingredients shared, I cannot function as a business by carrying stock that only moves at a rate of one jug every two months or so to please all six guys who want "their" version of the same sauce. Especially when chemical manufacturers have a minimum that you must order to carry their products. If Prochem tells me I must meet a minimum of $5000 to place an order, I can't make a five-grand order just to get one case of "that really awesome deodorizer that guy LOVES because his customers like the smell". I'm sorry. I would if I could, but I'd go out of business and then the other thousand customers I serve would lose their source too.

7. There are dozens of chemical companies catering to you guys. And the vast majority of their products are simply renamed or "tweaked" versions of formulas that have been in existence for decades. Trend-setters like Bridgepoint and Chemspec are big for a reason - THEIR STUFF WORKS AND IT WORKS DAMN WELL. It's worked for thousands of guys, in thousands of situations, and while no one is always going to bat .400 these larger companies have incredibly successful histories. They have people like Scott and Tom who are always listening, collecting feedback, and formulating what YOU say YOU want. Don't knock this as "big companies out to get money" - USE IT to make yourself more successful.

And on a personal note - this forum is an open, free discussion of what processes, chemicals and equipment works well for all of you, yes? By the same token, it's Rob's house, Rob's rules. I may not always agree with what he does, but I'm a guest in his house and I will NOT be rude enough to call him out on stuff publicly in his own living room. Getting into a tiff over "Secret Sauce" versus Harvard versus Saiger's doesn't do anyone any good - but keeping it practical, doing side-by-side results tests, and presenting empirical evidence DOES.

Just food for thought. :cool:
I will start respecting just that Maam

Nick M.

Jan 10, 2015
Real Name
Nick M.
I’ve never used Saigers, but I’ve used chem spec, bridgepoint, go clean, prochem, Versa clean, Home Depot crap, magic wand, etc etc and I’ll I can say is I’m from Arizona too. And Bio Pro 10k and robs secret formula is the best we have ever used. I use on a 4:1 tip 1 scoop per quart in my in-line jug. Spray and agitate with crb. And use rotary to rinse with either Fab Set, Clean Rinse (both are acids), or RSF alkaline rinse. And robs stuff has outperformed every time. I’m not a fan of having to order shit online and wait for it to come. I’d rather just pick up some at local dealer. But his prespray is worth the extra few bucks and the wait time to ship. Only thing I use now. I used to have to fels naphtha bad traffic areas with other presprays. Took time and on hands and knees. I haven’t bought a fels bar in 4 months. His stuff works. I know ppl bash it, but you truly get what you pay for. Just like $25/room vs $45/room. Some ppl spray and go. But if you care about your client and want repeat biz, you will use the best thing on the market to deliver the best results. I’m in AZ so souls are different here for sure. But in my area, it’s the best prespray I’ve ever used. Hands down. I’m always open minded but I haven’t seen anything out perform this stuff yet.