admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Which furniture do you offer to move for free?
We offer to move all basic furniture in 1 area and then any extra area $8 per room.

Would you move beds, dressers, hutches, and any major pieces of furniture?

We dont....unless its a little kids bed that we can slide around.

Gotta love the customers with the most clutter..and they want EVERYTHING moved...

Billy

User
Jun 19, 2008
Real Name
Please Remove
Business Location
United States
Which furniture do you offer to move for free?

We move nothing for FREE it is figured in the price for the service

We offer to move all basic furniture in 1 area and then any extra area $8 per room.

We do in home estimates & ask what the client needs or wants moved before we price the job. If there is allot of furniture we will go up on the sq' price but in most case we don't charge more based on furniture since we have Skidders , Lift Buddies, Forearm Forklifts etc.

Would you move beds, dressers, hutches, and any major pieces of furniture?

We dont....unless its a little kids bed that we can slide around.

Beds not normally unless very small learned my lesson early in business when a retired client talked me into moving a water bed for free. Wife also didn't care for me coming home with only $39.95 after being out all day :eek::(

Dressers & hutches can be moved if emptied & not delicate antiques.

Major pieces of furniture are done on a case by case basis.

We believe in doing what the client wants within reason & if they are willing to pay for it.

Gotta love the customers with the most clutter..and they want EVERYTHING moved...

I agree with that completely :)

Mr. Slide

Check out sliders , the quick change GLIDES !
Jun 18, 2008
Calif. U.S.A.
Real Name
ALAN BUSH
Business Location
United States
Same,
Light furniture only unless they want to pay extra.

gidon

Jun 18, 2008
melbourne australia
www.steamys.com.au
Real Name
gidon kabaker
nothing for free. moving furniture takes time. time is money. no one gives us any thing for free. moving furniture makes the cleaning area bigger and if you charge by the sqm or sqf you have more area to clean so you charge more it is making sense

T

TheEyeball

I'll move small stuff that I don't have to put back and block up. Otherwise, they pay extra. Most people seem to have everything they want moved out of the way by the time I show up.

BW Carpet Cleaning

Jul 3, 2008
Rogue Valley
Real Name
Aaron R
Business Location
United States
I'm just now preparing to get into the business and have been asking myself what I should and shouldn't move. I'm just using my own home as an example, but in my home I wouldn't want to move the television and the aquarium.

Between the television, dvd, tivo, game consoles, sound systems...there are probably 4 dozen wires and cords. It would take me hours to hook everything up again.

The aquarium I just don't want to risk tipping it over.

I'm hoping to have a no moving of electronics policy. Is that out of the norm and likely to lose business?

Rambo

Dec 21, 2006
McDonough, Georgia
Real Name
Ray Moody
New customers, it's in the price as I don't give it until I find out how much they want moved. Old customers know I am not in the furniture moving business. Of course 25 years ago we moved a lot more furniture then. Now we hardly move any at all.

empire1

Jun 18, 2008
Henderson, Ky.
Real Name
Jay Randolph
Business Location
United States
I always do in home estimates that way I know exactly what the customer wants then and price it out to them right there. If they change anything when I come back to do the job I change my price.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
It's not often that I have to move any furniture. I don't know why. Maybe they just don't want to see the old dude have to work that hard.

First time customers are always priced on site via inspection. I always ask if they want furniture moved, or just clean the open areas. Most times they say open areas only, but if they want furniture moved, I have always charged an extra 5 cents per s.f. of the OVERALL TOTAL s.f. I've noticed lately that I must be slowing down some now because I've fallen under my hourly goal on the last few jobs I've had where I had to move furniture. I think I'm going to have to go up to a 10 cents/s.f. charge for moving furniture.

The things I won't move are T.V.s, pianos, china cabinets and any computers or electronic items. I discourage the moving of beds, but if they insist, I tell them to have the bed completely unmade. That way, I can slide the mattress and box springs off and clean under it without moving the frame.

When I move furniture, I take the time to clean the wall and the back side of the furniture of dust and also clean the baseboard. I'll vacuum the bed frame off if dealing with beds. I offer a really good value cleaning with this, and probably need to charge more as stated above.

T

TheEyeball

I'm just now preparing to get into the business and have been asking myself what I should and shouldn't move. I'm just using my own home as an example, but in my home I wouldn't want to move the television and the aquarium.

Between the television, dvd, tivo, game consoles, sound systems...there are probably 4 dozen wires and cords. It would take me hours to hook everything up again.

I'm hoping to have a no moving of electronics policy. Is that out of the norm and likely to lose business?

I don't think this is out of the norm. I know at least one major local company in my area who will not move electronics, aquariums, etc. Most customers kind of know what to expect and will be reasonable about what they want moved. If you do have to move stuff, though, charge for it. It is extra time and expense (blocks and pads) for you.

pinnclean

Apr 2, 2006
Rochester, NY
Real Name
Kevin Kluth
Business Location
United States
Our basic pricing includes moving up to 5 pieces of light furniture (sofa/love/chair etc). We generally don't move beds.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive

How has your business been since opening?