Most profitable?

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Jtmoney20, Jan 8, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What have you all found to be most profitable as far as accounts or repeat business, hotels, realtors, certain types of businesses, apartments, residential? And what best way to approach to offer your service? Walk ins? Mailed letter? Cold call?

2. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    The most profitable for me is customers that are very satisfied with the service and become repeat customers and cheerleaders that refer our services.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smart n kleen

Premium VIP

Mar 12, 2010
    oregon
    Ratings:
    +4,815 / 37 / -0
    This one property management company. They have like 600 rentals. I'm their only carpet cleaning company. Love them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's a nice connection to be their only guy to service that many rentals. How did u get that deal.

5. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No question by doing quality work and leaving customers happy is the best way to spread ur name. I have ran almost completely on word of mouth and Referrals. Just finished my first full year. I am doing fine growing this way but thinking of pushing into more apartment deals or something like that. Just wanting to see.where would be best to spend the time pursuing.

6. Anderson

Anderson Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Belton Texas
    Ratings:
    +366 / 5 / -0
    Walk ins and referalls for commercial but gotta talk to the owner.
    I like returants and do hotels in off season.
    Realtors are hard to keep.
    Homes are the best but tkae2-3 years to build clientel
    And are not garunteed to repeat.
    I also like apts....but if i went back to apts i would use elec. hose real and get a bonzer and light scrubber.
    Apts are best to keep you busy...3-4 days a week on large apts
    Almost all will pay 50-100$ hour if you get your system down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How many years have you been in business? How do u charge if you don't mind me asking? And do you adjust pricing repeat customers?

8. smart n kleen

Premium VIP

Mar 12, 2010
    oregon
    Ratings:
    +4,815 / 37 / -0
    Another carpet cleaner my friend

9. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    I have been in business since 2008, the first year was very rough. We charge per room pricing, all repeat customers get a 10% discount.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Right on so your very established now that's good. I am hoping to retain 30 to 50 percent of new residential customers each year. Is that a realistic number from your experience?

11. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,686 / 84 / -0
    We are closer to 20% each year but I also have done a terrible job keeping in contact (postcards) with our customer list. We are getting better at it and also now give refrigerator magnets to help.

12. Jtmoney20

Jtmoney20 New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I do yearly reminder postcards. Magnets are a good idea I'll have to look into that for sure. Thanks

13. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,076 / 4 / -0
    We had a property manager that is a huge real estate investor... Started out in Texas and during the crash he bought up over 100 town homes... We were his only carpet cleaner... He loved that he could book his cleaning online... When we sold our business we found a carpet cleaner that was just starting out... Had good work ethics... And did a bang up job... We referred him to our property manager once he we left and he ended up taking over the account... Pay things forward whenever possible!

Magnets are a great idea... We always left one regular magnet for our clients and one referral magnet. When we went to a home with a referral magnet we would replace it with a "Lifetime Customer Magnet."

Also sending reminder cards, thank you cards, and how is it going cards are always a nice touch. If you find out birthdays you can also send a birthday card from your neighborhood carpet cleaner... We had a lady named Melissa that gave us the date of all five of her kids birthday's. I would send them little birthday cards. She was also a great cheerleader for our business...

**sigh** Missing the business...