Most Powerful Tile & Grout Extractor?

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric M
Business Location
United States
I have been using my truckmount along with spinner and gekko wands to clean ceramic tile grout lines.

When I use 1200 PSI from my truckmount, I seem to need to resort to the 1 jet Gekko blaster attachment to truly get grout lines clean. Slow, tedious, painstaking, it takes forever to do decent footage, individually blasting out each and every grout line. Ohh my aching back.

Using a spinner or large Gekko head doesn’t seem to have enough blasting power to get the grout lines really clean.

Is there an effective way to get stubborn dirty grout lines clean without individually blasting them with the one jet blaster?

Are there any reliable portable tile and
grout extractors with PSI rating greater than 1200 PSI (such as the Hydroforce Olympus M1200)?

I was thinking that a spinner like the SX-15 would actually work well at a high PSI like 1500 or 2000 PSI. Is this possible?

Reactions: Prime

Emart63

Oct 1, 2014
Real Name
Eric M
Business Location
United States
We do a thorough pre-scrub of the grout lines with a very strong chemical called “Breakdown” from Steamway, agitating with a grout brush. It helps- somewhat. Still, it seems that the one-jet gekko blaster wand is the only thing to truly obliterate the grout soil, and I have to hit each grout line individually.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If your having to scrub hard, use high pressure and smaller tools then your chemistry is wrong. With Groutmaster you rarely if ever have to scrub. Watch this video...

Reactions: Dafloorman

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here is a video explaining it in detail

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
We do a thorough pre-scrub of the grout lines with a very strong chemical called “Breakdown” from Steamway, agitating with a grout brush. It helps- somewhat. Still, it seems that the one-jet gekko blaster wand is the only thing to truly obliterate the grout soil, and I have to hit each grout line individually.

Yes your chemistry is off, I am always between 800-900 psi on cleaning tile/grout lines! You do not need all of that psi, more stress on your blower/engine as well. Do yourself a favor a get Grout Master, you won’t regret it!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I agree with the others about using Grout Master. Also check your spinner and make sure it is working properly. I had been having issues with mine the last few weeks as it just wasn't spinning as fast as it should. I kept checking the jets and the bearing and finally changed the quick connect and it fixed it. Felt like I had a brand new tool again.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Groutmaster. No scrubbing. 1000 psi. I did the 200 sq ft kitchen in 20 minutes.

I assume you was already set up and that is not counting on putting equipment and hoses back. We must be super slow because we spend probably 20 minutes just hand detailing the edges in most kitchens.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I assume you was already set up and that is not counting on putting equipment and hoses back. We must be super slow because we spend probably 20 minutes just hand detailing the edges in most kitchens.

Yes, I was doing the carpet in the house too so I just had to swap tools. I also take 5 minutes to go around the corners and edges with my single jet Gekko wand first.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING