Most national sub companies are rip off's-You have been warned | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Most national sub companies are rip off's-You have been warned

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
WARNING TO ALL CLEANERS:If you get a call, email or FB message from a national company who wants to sub work out to you remember most don't get paid or get paid months or years later. Also in the fine print it says if you write a bad review you will be sued for 100k and that you have to pay all their legal fees if you take them to court. Many are owed 5-25,000.00 and even more with no where to turn.

So in my opinion and feedback from cleaners around country most of these sub companies have bought million dollar buildings, million dollar homes and live extravagantly. Guess on whose dollar? Many say its because they don't pay or pay very late. Imagine how many don't pursue. Most of the national sub companies are crooks. You have been warned.

get screwed over .jpg

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Yup, I used to work in a retail space in a strip mall.
Every 3-6 months there would be a new landscaping company.
Usually a father son or solo operator.
It was so sad to see them work enthusiastically when they got the new contract.
After a few weeks went by you could see the quality go down.
Why? The landlord never paid them.
It took some months to catch on that they were never going to get paid.
Filthy crooked people.

• Angry
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hardly a week goes by that boss, home advisor and many others lead a cleaner to the edge of the promise land. They get a look but only the providers enter.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I do weekly scrub and buff for one. I should be making $200 - $250 a week, I get $150. Not the worst. Others have offered $75 for the same work. Plus they supply chemicals, pads for the scrubber and burnisher, and dust mops so I feel a little better about it. That said, there are other things they want me to do aside from scrub and buff the sales floor. I've told all the store managers, I get $150 which is less than my rate for the VCT so I'm barely inclined to do the VCT. I have no incentive to do the rest (bathrooms which they clean daily anyway, windows, and break room). One told me they pay $275 a week for all of it. Well that's unfortunate, you pay for $275 worth of work but the company you pay only gives their contractor $150 (which I had to squeeze out of them by the way, originally they offered $100) so you're not going to get what you pay for ever. It's catching on the problem with this system and companies are starting to get tired of it. They were largely sold on the idea of less hassle for them having someone else manage the cleaning, but are ending up with more hassle than what they had before.

Mass-Steamer

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Hardly a week goes by that boss, home advisor and many others lead a cleaner to the edge of the promise land. They get a look but only the providers enter.
I took the bait from Boss Optima on 3 jobs in July/ Aug...got burned!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I literally spent 3 months daily bugging Boss Optima by phone, email and online chat. FINALLY got Mike (Ronny is his real first name) Ochoa on the phone after making his employees crazy.

Got paid. Never again.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I work for one large company doing commercial janitorial. I've turned them down for years but they called about a new contract. I said I would do it for 4 times their allowed amount. They couldn't find anyone else so I got it. They pay consistently 90 days late, but after the first 90 days it doesn't matter. In general I agree, avoid them. Especially home advisor or residential sub companies.

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I work for one large company doing commercial janitorial. I've turned them down for years but they called about a new contract. I said I would do it for 4 times their allowed amount. They couldn't find anyone else so I got it. They pay consistently 90 days late, but after the first 90 days it doesn't matter. In general I agree, avoid them. Especially home advisor or residential sub companies.
I had one tell me it takes 90 days to process payment and it did. Actually took 70 days but as long as they tell me up front I can live with it.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If I were so desperate I had to sub out I'd get out of the business before the end of this day. I get calls and e-mails from several fairly regularly, but I don't answer them and never will. I don't know how some people live with their own conscience. I'm sure there must be something going on in their heads that makes them think they're not doing anything wrong.

Reactions: Kart Racer

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If I were so desperate I had to sub out I'd get out of the business before the end of this day. I get calls and e-mails from several fairly regularly, but I don't answer them and never will. I don't know how some people live with their own conscience. I'm sure there must be something going on in their heads that makes them think they're not doing anything wrong.
I'm with you on this one. We have to stay away from those companies. I do 30 day net, if I don't see the check coming on expected day, I'm hollering at them the same day. With some restaurants (7) I get paid COD. Vip status in my books. If the others miss one payment, no more services from me . I lost one from corporate bunch, called me up after 2 months , asking to come back, gave him double price, they said thank you .
I got paid trough corporate finance department and late payers are probably using Bissel. So be it.
Fiscal discipline is a must ! Without it, there is no trust. Period!

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Anyone know who’s running the smile carpet cleaning website? (won’t link to it as it seems to enough SEO already.) It’s a beast of a website and it’s gaining ground in our area. looks like a bunch of stock photos, overwritten descriptions and a contact form. No phone number or Whois data.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
a few years back I lost a nice gig commercial carpet cleaning every 6 weeks 300 dollars for 2 hours work had it for a few years, was always paid on time, Then the company got sold and I was out,

A few months later I get a call from some national contract company for the same gig they said they could pay me up to 75 dollars for the same work.

nope!

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Yea avoid at all cost. Had one call while back. Carpet, tile and want all the exposed ceiling rafters and ducts dusted for a whopping $150. I laughed told the lady that wouldn’t even cover the carpet cleaning. Call a desperate newbie.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
That being said. I have a large account we handle but it’s operated by a very fair 3rd party management company for services. We actually just raised the rates and there was no kickback. I know the main lady that handles janitorial and she said they’re also very fair with her.

All the rest can kick rocks

Mass-Steamer

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Anyone know who’s running the smile carpet cleaning website? (won’t link to it as it seems to enough SEO already.) It’s a beast of a website and it’s gaining ground in our area. looks like a bunch of stock photos, overwritten descriptions and a contact form. No phone number or Whois data.

*CAUTION*

SMILE CARPET CLEANING

Here's what I found:

URL: smile-carpet-cleaning.com
Registrant based in: Zichron Yaakov, Israel 30900 (22 mi. from Haifa)
Street: Zabotinski 24/A
Tel # : +972.77.559.5330

This Google maps link will show the registrant's location:

Reactions: Andreas 1