Mold loves Leather...I guess

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by seagrtj, Sep 12, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +885 / 4 / -0
    So apparently mold loves it some Italian leather..

This couch was submerged for 2 weeks in Houston

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +885 / 4 / -0
    And even a Vette want fast enough to escape the water
    [​IMG]

3. SAA

SAA Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Instructor - Precision Cleaning & Carpet Repair
    NC
    Ratings:
    +2,914 / 3 / -0
    cushion l -1.jpg cushion l -2.jpg

cushion l -3.jpg

Not the extent you have but similar in principle. These were in a very high humidity area out side on a porch and this is what they found and then contacted us. Very simply and quick to clean up with a Vapor Steamer. You have to treat it afterwards but it is amazing what can be cleaned if one just attempts it.

Not being able to inspect what you have, I cannot say if it would solve the problem but it is always fun working on stuff like this. The time it was in water puts a real damper on it.

SAA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 0 / -0
    Leather is extraordinarily tough stuff, you'd be astounded at what it can survive. There's a reason we use it for things like shoes and wallets. As long as you can get it clean and reconditioned, you can sometimes find yourself amazed at your results.

5. SAA

SAA Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Instructor - Precision Cleaning & Carpet Repair
    NC
    Ratings:
    +2,914 / 3 / -0
    Amen, Mama Fen! I am constantly amazed in this industry.

Always loved trying to fix something that was a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jtsunbrite

Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2015
    Male
    Houston, Texas
    Ratings:
    +4,289 / 11 / -0
    I saw this pic and I can smell that moldy flood smell,,, Ive seen so many of these this week im sick of it.. Two weeks of this stuff is getting me back in shape,, ive ripped out and toted so much sheetrock im becoming Mexican,, and doing this all day its easy to understand what the Mexican guys are saying...

7. seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +885 / 4 / -0
    So, we stopped to talk to the lady who owns this couch, as we were walking by. I asked if I could take that picture. That sparked a conversation about mold. That led to another conversation about tear out. Which led to her telling us she was going to wait on the volunteers this weekend. They didn't have good insurance.... So on and so on

I truly believe that educating and informing customers properly will make them trust you. We got the call today and they want us to do the complete gut and dry out...simply because we talked to them. Didn't try and sell them or scare them. Just talked and informed

That's why they called us to do the job. 20 min conversation turned into a $16,000 job.

• Like Like x 1