Mold grim sand in outside carpet by the beach

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 8, 2013
I have a job in ocean city Maryland. It's out side carpet right on the beach. it's blue carpet and has black grim on it I think it's mold and algae on it what chemistry can I use to clean it. I've tried I lot of prespray on it and nothing works but holding the my wand on it with hot water for a long time. About a minute or more then I move it about a inch and hold it for minute again. I think the hot water heats it. But it is taking along time to clean it. I've crb machine carpet rake every thing.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’d treat it with an antimicrobial like mentioned above. Being outside could you maybe use a pressure washer instead of a wand? Post some pictures for us to see.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
id rip it out and leave wood or concrete exposed after cleaning and treating. dumb place for carpet

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
id rip it out and leave wood or concrete exposed after cleaning and treating. dumb place for carpet
Yep, Lake Geneva restaurant patio ......

Sep 8, 2013
The job is a half acre of carpet outside behind a condo or hotel area rate on the beach exposed to the sun all day long so if I spray microban or something like that it'll drive in about an hour or two so does it still work what do you recommend they do not want to replace the carpet that is too much carpet in a call some way too much money and there was a lot of saying I mean a lot of saying people come up off the beach and they walk around it

Sep 8, 2013
There is a lot of people walking on this carpet coming up off the beach so if I leave the microvan on it all day and people come and walk on it without be okay

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
The job is a half acre of carpet outside behind a condo or hotel area rate on the beach exposed to the sun all day long so if I spray microban or something like that it'll drive in about an hour or two so does it still work what do you recommend they do not want to replace the carpet that is too much carpet in a call some way too much money and there was a lot of saying I mean a lot of saying people come up off the beach and they walk around it
pass on it

withouth pics we cant really be of much help.
sounds like that carpet needs weekly maintenance not when it turns into a sandcastle