Moisture readings

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 28, 2015
Real Name
Carl Grey
What do you guys recommend for documenting moisture readings? We use the Flir MR m176 for most of our moisture content and pyschrometric readings but compiling everything into a simple, succinct document has always been challenging. We have a professional form that we created to document the readings but it seems there must be a better way.

What is available out there to make this easier? Thanks

Jul 28, 2015
Real Name
Carl Grey
Did you download the reporting software that Flir provides with their meters? My guys find it extremely helpful.
I actually didn't even know about that. I will check it out. Do you go to the FLIR website? Thanks

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
If you've still got the manuals and such from your meter, you ought to have a wee little disc in there too, which has the software. You can also register at their website for access to even more reports and document support.

Jul 28, 2015
Real Name
Carl Grey
If you've still got the manuals and such from your meter, you ought to have a wee little disc in there too, which has the software. You can also register at their website for access to even more reports and document support.
I guess since the mr176 is technically a moisture meter and not a thermal imager (even though it has thermal imaging capabilities) FLIR doesn't offer this feature. Oh well. Any other ideas for documentation anybody?

Oct 16, 2017
Real Name
Eric Marcus
We use D.A.S.H for all of our documentation, atmospherics and pictures, its not free but PsychroMetriX is... i think.

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
DryTrack and moisture mapper are the soup du jour but you can just plug them into an excel spreadsheet
We have DryTrack but it's just not really a good fit for us so I have the techs log everything old school on paper then we input into excel and send in with the invoices. It's about 150x faster than having the techs try to use the programs and input everything

The pitch of the "put it in the app" is great but...take them about an hour just to put the data in the app on typical house mitigation

They can do the same thing on paper in about 5 minutes then another 5 minutes for office staff to put into spreadsheet at the office

Qman

Feb 7, 2017
Real Name
Quentin Tebb
Our team uses Encircle. Takes a little time to get used to it, and get guys to document but it's phone based on the field and then the office can view it real time on a website.

I've even been in a property manager's office when the guys got a flood and then was able to show them as guys started documenting the damages on site in real time.

Graphs psychometrics
Sketch moisture mapping and documenting
Quick floor plans and able to draw on them
Pictures
Video
site notes
drawing on pictures

Latest posts