Mobile printer

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
Check out these 2 I have the Epson works real well the links I am leaving should work. I will extra info to get you there using a smart phone trying to funnel through the garbage is a pain in the butt.

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN BUYING ANY PRINTER IS LOOK AT THE "INK REPLACEMENT COST!!!"

Checkout the Epson 100 Work Force and in the title it says black it's just referring to the color of the case. They even show an image of someone printing from an IPhone.

I hope this helps also it's only
It's only 12.2"L 6"W 4"H

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-w...lack/8871595.p?id=1219375114134&skuId=8871595

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-p...1312020175.p?id=mp1312020175&skuId=1312020175

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys#filter

And it's a color printer, small enough to not draw attention and Best Buy is great at returns and have extended warranties

I just don't brag it's for my business rather a nice printer to travel with to take pictures of Dr. Johnny Bravos Inventory when he runs his warehouse sales. I thought it was a warehouse for storing boats the ceilings are 50' high.

He even sprung for the temperature controlled toilet seats.

Last edited:

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
I got my Samsung mobile printer from eBay works great I love it

Printers are one of the things I like to get from the store, if it needs to be replaced under warranty places like Best Buy will make sure your up and running by the time your done inhaling your lunch. You may pay alittle more but places even like Walmart will price match from places like Amazon

I am glad you have had good luck with your Samsung!! This is the 1st one I didn't lose my patience and give the customer s close ended question.

So Mr Jones would you prefer me to email your invoice tonight or print it out on your Wifi Printer?

It kills me that some of the ink cartridges cost close to the cost of many printers.

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
I worked in IT for nine years. Few people will use a mobile printer. It is just one more thing that will break or collect dust. Email the invoice from your laptop when u get home.
However, you will never track your clients using paper. Trust me. The customer factor will pay for itself many times over. Best $40 a month I spend.

Reactions: Artie09

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States
Instead...Buy what
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1453923966.271398.jpg
get one of these off of eBay or somewhere like that. They do not make them anymore but these are the last battle axes that HP built. I know. I fixed them for years when I worked it. You can get the ink cheap off eBay. The have an old parallel connection but you can buy a USB adaptor cheap. Runs great. Only 8 pages a minute but who cares. Ink cartridge goes 50 k pages.
You can not beat a laser jet 5

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
View attachment 59419get one of these off of eBay or somewhere like that. They do not make them anymore but these are the last battle axes that HP built. I know. I fixed them for years when I worked it. You can get the ink cheap off eBay. The have an old parallel connection but you can buy a USB adaptor cheap. Runs great. Only 8 pages a minute but who cares. Ink cartridge goes 50 k pages.
ALRIGHTY Then!
I'm On it!
Appreciate the Input..

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Just looked at the back of mine and it was built in 1997. True battle axe!
Warning. It weighs something like 30 pounds.
NO Biggie... My Battle AXE (the Wifey Poos) weighs 10 Times THAT!..OK..I'm a LIAR..That woman be out in a Pasture Grazing some Damn Place..Far away from My Skinny AZZ!

Reactions: Robbdny

Robbdny

Aug 20, 2012
North Carolina
Real Name
Rob Antonelli
Business Location
United States
View attachment 59419get one of these off of eBay or somewhere like that. They do not make them anymore but these are the last battle axes that HP built. I know. I fixed them for years when I worked it. You can get the ink cheap off eBay. The have an old parallel connection but you can buy a USB adaptor cheap. Runs great. Only 8 pages a minute but who cares. Ink cartridge goes 50 k pages.

What are the dimensions on the HP?

Unless I am missing something you can't print from any new device that won't connect without a wired connection VIA WIFI capabilities?

Such as a tablet IPad or IPhone or (WIFI) connection? not have the wireless (WIFI) capability.

The other thing is it's has a built in rechargeable LIPO battery. You can buy a small inverter for $25 or buy a 2nd battery and always have your ass covered.

When you stop at Burger King to eat there latest Quad Whopper with so many chemicals you feel "Beef Drunk;" and have trouble getting in your van like it was a chore.

I like alot of the old equipment too but what's nice to have color as an option for flyers, coupons Post carpet cleaning instructions....ECT......

I am asking because you know more then I do. No insults intended either. But is your only choice with the HP a wired connection, again asking not telling.

Or am I wrong I didn't want this to seem like I was bashing your idea, rather an old schooler trying to educate myself.

If you want to save your color ink just set it to black draft or normal mode on your defaults.

Anxious to hear back?

Last edited:

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Unless I am missing something you can't print from any new device that won't connect without a wired connection VIA WIFI capabilities?

Such as a tablet IPad or IPhone or (WIFI) connection? not have the wireless (WIFI) capability.

The other thing is it's has a built in rechargeable LIPO battery. You can buy a small inverter for $25 or buy a 2nd battery and always have your ass covered.

When you stop at Burger King to eat there latest Quad Whopper with so many chemicals you feel "Beef Drunk;" and have trouble getting in your van like it was a chore.

I like alot of the old equipment too but what's nice to have color as an option for flyers, coupons Post carpet cleaning instructions....ECT......

I am asking because you know more then I do. No insults intended either. But is your only choice with the HP a wired connection, again asking not telling.

Or am I wrong I didn't want this to seem like I was bashing your idea, rather an old schooler trying to educate myself.

If you want to save your color ink just set it to black draft or normal mode on your defaults.

Anxious to hear back?
Me too..But I got the Idea that Laser is the way to go..I just need to Print Black n White UPS Labels.

Reactions: Barry C

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
If all you need to do is print then the Lazer is great

If you make copies and send and receive a lot of faxes

And print from mobile devices
Then the ink jet I posted above is very good

Ink cost is about the same between the Lazer and ink jet

The ink jet might be a little bit cheaper depends on how good of deal you can get on toner cartridges

Reactions: aloha one

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I have a 5000 watt inverter behind the seat of my van runs my diesel burner my computer and my printer...having computer and printer in the van was one of the best things I've ever done actually had people give me the job because I was able to print them an estimate right then and there. Plus I don't have to double enter my data.. type the invoice in quickbooks print and done.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
$34.99/ A MONTH

If it was one time only then i'd pay but i dont need anymore services. I already pay for too much monthly services already. Plus i dont have that many invoices to print out to justify that monthly rate. I operate at a low risk right now.

i also like the sound of mobile printer + surface pro. That sound much better. I always need a receipt at the last min when i customer ask after i get paid.
Just buy some invoices and keep them in the truck
You swear like it's going to break the bank and if so, then you don't need any invoices

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States

Anxious to hear back?

The Hp 5 is a big beast that is not for mobile use what so ever. I use it at home under the desk. It does not have wireless as it was built back in the days of Windows 95. It has a network cable connection if the network card is installed but most should have the parallel connection. I use a simple cheap USB to parallel connector. Like this
It is old technology but it prints great. Yes, it is just black and white. Yes, it is heavy and old.
However, ink is cheap and parts are still available. I put one ink cartridge in mine in the last six years that I got from ebay. My wife's new scanner printer all in one take $300 a year in ink.
The new versions of windows do work just fine with the old printers. If you do use a USB connector, always connect the usb back to the same port on the PC or windows wants to keep adding it as a new printer. Small pain in the back side.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
It is only worth It if you print a lot
We go through about 1.6k page's a month for business and around 300 for personal

So it does save us on ink

And the speed is great never have to wait for it at all

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
$34.99/ A MONTH

If it was one time only then i'd pay but i dont need anymore services. I already pay for too much monthly services already. Plus i dont have that many invoices to print out to justify that monthly rate. I operate at a low risk right now.

i also like the sound of mobile printer + surface pro. That sound much better. I always need a receipt at the last min when i customer ask after i get paid.

You do realize the cost of a mobile printer + surface pro is going to run you ~$1,700....

You should use HouseCall Pro and you can do all of that for FREE if you're an owner operator... $0/month