Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Name some mistakes carpet cleaners should avoid!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Allowing truckmounts to freeze in cold weather conditions. Bad enough that it can cost 1000’s but now with supply chain issues lucky if you can get one or wait time will kill you.

Reactions: mrotto

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Allowing truckmounts to freeze in cold weather conditions. Bad enough that it can cost 1000’s but now with supply chain issues lucky if you can get one or wait time will
1. try to *save* money by
a. buying cheap cleaning supplies
b. buying cheap equipment

2. paid advertising.

3. not maintaining the equipment properly

4. doing what other cleaners do just because you assume they are making money.

well, its a start.
Good stuff. Why “paid advertising” though?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Taking a dye class without researching enough. They just fall for the deceitful pie in the sky. Fake pics, fake sums and fake person. Over 1/2 can’t master it or ever offer the service. Flip a coin.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
over the years, Ive gotten to understand that there are two types of customers.

1. people that buy from people
2. people that buy from ads

The people that buy from people are willing to pay more because they are more comfortable. You dont have to sell them because they are already referred to you. *If Mrs. Smith says they do good work, I know she is fussy so they must be good* *if the carpet store recommends them, they must do good work* Once you do good work, they are more likely to use you in the future.

The people that buy from ads have no ties to you other than the ad. You have to sell them whether its on price or quality (and since most people think that all carpet cleaners are the same, its much more difficult to sell people on quality) Unless you do excellent work and keep in touch more than likely the next time they need cleaning they will likely be looking for ads, because thats how they found you, right?

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Thing is you have to have it for master textile
I was not aware of that. Regardless, its not necessary to take the 3000.00 course. Spot dying is a good niche.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I was not aware of that. Regardless, its not necessary to take the 3000.00 course. Spot dying is a good niche.

Oh i completely agree, i took that class hated the hell out of it, have literally never used it had no interest in doing any kind of dye work but had to have it to get my master textile cert back when i gave a shit about that sorta thing lol