Mirror Mastic on White Carpet

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
Contractor called me to remove Mirror Mastic from New White Carpet, The Tech wasn't suppose to be in the closet as it was masked off but decided to break down the barrier any way and walked in with feet filled with Mastic. I used Go Clean's Eraser, It removed all of the mastic from the stone and laminate floor with no problem. I scraped all the thick mastic off and proceeded to blot with a towel, the mastic was dissolving into the carpet fibers. I went through several cans and it really didn't do much. My Question now is, What should I use now, or stop as solvents will destroy the backing of the carpet.

Attachments

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Contractor called me to remove Mirror Mastic from New White Carpet, The Tech wasn't suppose to be in the closet as it was masked off but decided to break down the barrier any way and walked in with feet filled with Mastic. I used Go Clean's Eraser, It removed all of the mastic from the stone and laminate floor with no problem. I scraped all the thick mastic off and proceeded to blot with a towel, the mastic was dissolving into the carpet fibers. I went through several cans and it really didn't do much. My Question now is, What should I use now, or stop as solvents will destroy the backing of the carpet.
Don't own their problem.
The contractor is liable.
They will probably have to replace the carpet.
Bill them for your time and get out.

Reactions: Spazznout and RON X

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Have you tried a solvent gel spotter type solution?

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
Have you tried a solvent gel spotter type solution?
No, but there is so much mastic on the carpet it is thinning and bleeding, the ERASE is much stronger than a gel spotter.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Yeah....carpet is done.
Get paid move on...
We can't save them all

Reactions: PistolPete

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
Spray small amount of solvent on each spot use white towel to remove . Then re clean with extractor. Had the same just last month white carpet looked like new after both cleanings. jz

RON X

Jan 25, 2012
Arizona
Real Name
Ron Cummings
Business Location
United States
Spray small amount of solvent on each spot use white towel to remove . Then re clean with extractor. Had the same just last month white carpet looked like new after both cleanings. jz
I Did do that, The mastic was like cake frosting, globs and globs, if it were light amount, that would have worked. Thanks