Method for Pet Urine smell removal : Pad replacement

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
I've done it. By myself. No planning involved really. I think you should stop attacking people that are just sharing what they know.
I'm not attacking you really. I'm just trying to keep people from listening to your advice on a subject you clearly know nothing about. Are you really helping people by talking about stretching a furnished room with a knee kicker? That post alone deemed you unqualified to give any advice on this subject

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
I'm not attacking you really. I'm just trying to keep people from listening to your advice on a subject you clearly know nothing about. Are you really helping people by talking about stretching a furnished room with a knee kicker? That post alone deemed you unqualified to give any advice on this subject
It's people's nature to question and knock what they don't understand. So I understand if you don't think it's possible. Now quit hijacking the thread.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I would take the class on this. restretching/ reinstalling are more difficult to just explain. each one has its own challanges and through out the reinstall new problems emerge as you go.

but i can give you tips on tack strip and tools to use.
the tack strip soul be doubled up on you stretch walls to make it easier to work. unless it's cheap carpet I double strip all walls. use 1 1/4" ring shank nails every 12 to 16". this will keep strip from pulling up. on concrete we use these instead of the 1" strips
1444050153162.jpg
much easier to nail. and a single strip covers area of 2. to anchor it. you can use hammer drill with 1/8" masonry bit. drill a little over an inch down ( carful of hidden pipes) then drive 1" fluted many nails into holes. they'll almost never pull out. the stretcher I use is this one
1444050390563.jpg
it comes with a heal that hooks to tackstrip and pulls carpet tight. much easier to use in confine spaces. and can be used with furniture in the room. pia but I do it all the time. just get things on sliders and shift them from side to side as you work.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Pad stretches a little bit. After stretching the carpet it gets close to tack strip. Even carpet installers do it that way. Might be my way of explaining that's not the best.
The pad can creep up onto the strip. some of this is because pad expands after being shrink wrapped or the teeth of the kicker or stretcher are grabbing the pad. back the teeth up a bit. it will also save the teeth and your knee. I've broken many teeth on the tack strip because they were to far out. it's a pain but I found gluing edges of pad down on concrete to be better than taping. we always have a a 1/4 bucket of all purpose adhesive left over from other jobs. I just flat trowel glue around perimeter about 4" off tack strip. tape pad seams and walk pad into glue. cut it in and go.
on ply wood grab your hammer gun and staple the sht out of it. staples are next guys problem haha.

the problem we had with pad creeping we were finding that the pad seams were opening up (Fkn cheap ass tape) and you can feel them when you walk on it. so keep an eye out around you. it sucks after cutting it all down and calling it a day only to find out you have to peel carpet back up and fix pad. only make that mistake once.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
hey I do have pics of mini being used to restretch. love this little tool. for larger areas you need at least 2 of them side by side to mimic what a the pole stretcher can do.
1444073007187.jpg
1444073046113.jpg
1444073098550.jpg
on the left of second pic there was a closet door I had to cut and reseam to allow movement.