FB - May be doing a neglected vct floor in a vet clinic. I bid $1.25/ sq. Ft. But am doing it at 50% off | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

FB May be doing a neglected vct floor in a vet clinic. I bid $1.25/ sq. Ft. But am doing it at 50% off

S

Shane DeLuca

May be doing a neglected vct floor in a vet clinic. I bid $1.25/ sq. Ft. But am doing it at 50% off because they gave me a great discount getting my girlfriends cat spayed. $1,124 for 1800 Sq ft. I'm going to have to strip and scrub the hell out of it. Any pointers? I've done vct but I'm always looking for pointers.

D

David Gentry

Get a good stripper and mix it correctly. Strip with a high pro pad (thin black pad). Lay quality wax

S

Shane DeLuca

I use stripper from Gem supply and have a black malgrit brush

D

David Gentry

My only other suggestions would be to pay close attention to your edges and corners

B

Brian DeMorrow

Hair will be a continuous issue even after you've fully prepped and are ready to refinish the floor. I recommend you go over the floor one last time with a microfiber mop head just before your first coat to make sure you get everything up.

S

Shane DeLuca

I've got microfiber heads for my finish mop to do the final flat mop. I think its just going to be a lot of corners and detail work with a doodlebug around beds/equipment. I'm thinking mop with neutral cleaner, apply red zone (stripper), scrub and do edges, suck slurry, apply more stripper, scrub with green pad, extract slurry, neutral cleaner, flat mop, dry, then 3-5 coats of finish.

D

David Gentry

You shouldn't need to scrub it twice. If it's done right the first time you'll get everything off on the first strip

S

Shane DeLuca

it doesn't look like it has much, if any, finish left. Its really the ground in soiling I want to get out

A

Antoine Striggles

If the wax isnt is heavy use a neutral cleaner with black pad less mess i hate stripper add some ajax pwder on the floor

K

Kevin Thompson

Check the bottoms of the doors going into the patient rooms. They most likely have hair when you go to wax and close the doors to get behind them you’ll find out then. I found out the hard way once. I would tell them to sweep very well then go back over it with a vacuum. Tell them there is a chance hair could get into the wax just from the furnace alone

S

Sonny Winters

Make sure to keep the mops that you use in the Vet's clinic separate from any other other vct jobs. The reason for this is the pet hair. If you don't the next time you clean or wax a place you will leave hair on the next job.

S

Scott Summerlin

Shane, If you have or can get a backpack vacuum it would help you a lot on this job because of the hair that will be moved around by just sweeping. Vacuuming helps a ton and gets a lot of dirt that a broom can’t get.

C

Chad Mayes

That looks easy. Unless there are areas that look worse than these pictures, it doesn't appear to need a total strip. A green pad and degreaser should clean that floor well. 3 coats on top and you're done.

C

Chad Mayes

And yes like, Scott Summerlin suggested. Vacuum before you start & thoroughly before laying your wax (especially along baseboards and in corners).