Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Although we don’t usually notice our own bodily smells, over time sweat can build up and lead to an unmistakable funky aroma. To rid your mattress of rankness, sprinkle it well with baking soda and gently rub it in with a scrub brush, so it gets into the mattress fabric where the stink lives. Let the baking soda sit for 10 minutes, and then vacuum it.
Did you get that idea off Pinterest? Baking soda and vacuum?!...pffft...customer can do that without you...There goes my $80 for a king charge.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Although we don’t usually notice our own bodily smells, over time sweat can build up and lead to an unmistakable funky aroma. To rid your mattress of rankness, sprinkle it well with baking soda and gently rub it in with a scrub brush, so it gets into the mattress fabric where the stink lives. Let the baking soda sit for 10 minutes, and then vacuum it.
Ide advise against that. It will and your correct it will absorb odors. Problem is it is so fine it gets down in where it cant be removed. Now it being so good at absorbing odors. It will eventually stop. But now what happens is it starts to release odors resembling dirty laundry or smelly feet. And once moisture comes in cotact with it. It turns to cake.or similar to drywall mud.

M Kal

Dec 19, 2017
Real Name
Matthew Kalifeh
The ticking of the mattress is made out of several different kind of materials. The mattress you have a picture of isn't going to come clean. You could try and find out what kind of stains they are and neutralize them before you try and use hot water extraction, but make sure you set the proper expectations. It most likely will not come clean.

Carpet Cleaning in Daphne AL

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
What is your best cleaning product and method for cleaning mattresses I can get my hands on prochem Products thank you I did one did not turn out too good
d72a6262b1281d77d2918a0618a5ec60.jpg
To answer your question directly...use 2 scoops of a Pure 02 W/CS in a pump up...spray lightly on mattress...dwell 15 mins...agitate with hand bonnet (green stripe) extract with a good upholstery tool. Repat as needed. You may also add a scoop of OSR to the solution if there are yellow stains on it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
To answer your question directly...use 2 scoops of a Pure 02 W/CS in a pump up...spray lightly on mattress...dwell 15 mins...agitate with hand bonnet (green stripe) extract with a good upholstery tool. Repat as needed. You may also add a scoop of OSR to the solution if there are yellow stains on it.
The Pure02 already has OSR in it, do you mean USR?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
The Pure02 already has OSR in it, do you mean USR?

Ha...did not know that...i use PROs Choice OSR for stains and odors...no wonder Pure works so well.

be27bcf157101b58b1432e49e4ce5684.jpg

Reactions: rob allen

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
It’s called “Bio film”. Every home has it on walls, ducts and furnishings. On mattresses a combo of Peroxide and citrus will kill and remove it best. That’s why I recommended Pure02/built in Citrus Solve.
Pure 02 with citrus is dino mite I have a set of pics to post on this stuff

Reactions: Allied

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Nothing cleans mattresses better than this because it breaks down lipids, dissolves body oils and sheaves urine leaving mattress smelling and looking bright and clean. I guarantee it. If it doesn’t I’ll not only give you your money back but you can keep the product too.

Rob, I'd like some pure02 for my mattresses.

Reactions: rob allen

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
No joke, pumice stones are the old school way for removing pilling on fabrics. Pumice stones are available for cleaning grills, at janitorial suppliers and women use them on their feet, they all work the same though.

Hi, I got one from Amazon. It is so light! I thought it would be heavy.

$7.99 Prime!

Reactions: Jim Davisson

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Here is a link to our version of the product. (These guys copied us.) -
Ours is about 50 cents cheaper.

Hi, for some reason Im not seeing the link, nor mine in my previous post!

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
I don't know about chems, I steam clean my mattress and it come out great. Now if you can find a way to remove those little lint balls all over the mattress you'd me my hero.

So the pet stores sales a little dog comb with very thin metal brushes for taking nap and bugs out of dog hair. I always wondered if one of those things would get those little lint balls out? I will get one and let you know.

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Citrus and peroxide is your friend here. Just don't over do it with the citrus. Thats why we make Pure02 w/citrus built in. It is a powder that is perfectly blended and will knock it a job like that out of the park, eliminating odors, organic stains and with nice natural light scent.
Will the peroxide cause browning if there is cotton or rayon in the mattress?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I agree, usually I even add in more peroxide, pro10k is excellent on a mattress too

extract and put a fan on it quick,,, easy peasy
I have a mattress coming up Thursday. I’ve only had to clean a few and have never had great results. I have pro10k on my truck. Is this good enough. Should I just spray it on, let it dwell and use an upholstery tool on it? I do have unchained too don’t know if that would be good on it. Don’t have time to order and get anything in from tmf.