Mask Update

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Pretty much. Not sure how much truth there is to it as I don't know the real source but I saw something saying the ad space on those major news networks during the protesting/riots was super bowl prices.

Except instead of a 3hr game it went on for weeks

Only makes sense. It’s sensationalism

Reactions: ACP

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Funny how Covid spikes coincide with riots. Go figure.
It’s been proven that masks lower your oxygen level. Lower oxygen levels mean brain cells are dying. COVID and the mask make people stupider by the day.

F58AF77F-0370-4B75-8F0E-36D99DAB8331.jpeg

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Fox also falls into your categorizing of news outlets. Did you forget them? The Chinese Virus is a tool to take down America? Stupidity is running rapid on this forum. Yes, I said it. I'll say it again. STUPIDITY IS RUNNING RAPID ON THIS FORUM. Mike you really need to keep your thoughts to yourself and not keep letting yourself be humiliated here.
Just so you know, America will never be allowed to go bankrupt and become belly up. Why? Just like Germany bailed out Greece, to protect their own government. China, Japan and us plus others could not be allowed to go bankrupt because of how intertwined we are. If we went then China would fall and the domino effect would take over around the world.

Do you mean, running rampant?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'd think you of all people would support the protests, Kunta Celtic....:D

My reply wasn’t about protests, it was about riots. Try keep up Biff.

• Haha
Reactions: SRD and Fedri

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Could it be that they report what they see and hear? The media has always had a love/hate relationship with our presidents. This president is different. He attacks anyone that does not agree with him. I never had a problem with either of the Bushes, Clinton or Obama. I don't really pay attention to party lines I am more concerned with the morals of the person in the oval office.
So you have no problem with GW Bush invading a country that threatened us in no way (Iraq) whatsoever? Trillions wasted. Thousands and thousands of lives destroyed. Region destabilized due to his having to take down a dictator for his daddy. But you dislike Trump because he says dumb shite on a personal beef. Your really screwed up.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
So you have no problem with GW Bush invading a country that threatened us in no way (Iraq) whatsoever? Trillions wasted. Thousands and thousands of lives destroyed. Region destabilized due to his having to take down a dictator for his daddy. But you dislike Trump because he says dumb shite on a personal beef. Your really screwed up.
Never said that. They all made decisions that I did not agree with. I think Trump is an excellent salesman and promoter for a reality tv show but not as a president. The longer he is in office the more he confirms my observation that he has no idea about what it means to be President.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Could it be that they report what they see and hear? The media has always had a love/hate relationship with our presidents. This president is different. He attacks anyone that does not agree with him. I never had a problem with either of the Bushes, Clinton or Obama. I don't really pay attention to party lines I am more concerned with the morals of the person in the oval office.
Clinton was the picture of ethics and morality.......What a joke.

Reactions: SRD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Found this online and thought it had merit. A German's response to why the US is struggling so hard with getting the states to all follow a common protocol for Covid-19:

"German here. We're a federation, too, and many of the measures taken fall within state competences as well. We only have a quarter of the US' population, and roughly a third of the number of states (16), which is enough to see some states with many more infections than others.
Initially, measures like that groups of more than one single household were prohibited from assembling in public, or school closures, were introduced by states individually, and sort of rolled over the country as states were looking at what other states were doing. They got together with the federal government quickly, though, and coordinated their response in periodic conferences. The consensus decisions were then formally enacted by the individual states. I assume states in other federations acted in a similar way, i.e., coordinated under federal guidance.
This can't work in the US right now, because states would only ever fall in line as a whole if the federal guidance was to jump off a cliff, but also because y'all somehow managed to pull off the astonishing feat to politicize a virus. It's not the only issue where your toxic partisan political climate prevents common sense solutions, but it's even more obviously ridiculous than the others, and should really make you think whether there's something that could be done to reform the political system in the US. Because we, and every other country out there, have our share of idiots, too. It's how your system works that leads to those bizarre effects, not that some people are morons."

Reactions: ACP

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Clinton was the picture of ethics and morality.......What a joke.
Always thought that cigars were for smoking. Never said that all of them were perfect. You probably have made some screw ups in your time just like me. The problem with Trump is the arrogance factor, it's through the roof. Won't even admit when he is wrong. I'm sure many world leaders are having a good laugh. Putin especially.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
IMG_4442.JPG

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The mask mostly prevents you from infecting others, it helps contain your particles coming from your own mouth, nose etc.

If someone sneezes on you or breathes in your face the cloth masks won't help, only n95 or better will.

But particles leaving you are actually contained a bit.

They have shown how this works in slow motion video with special cameras that show how particles exit from sneezing, coughing, breathing.

Of course if someone coughs right in your face or you touch something then pick your teeth you can still get infected.

The idea is when you have a place like a store and people are all close to each other it has a good chance to help reduce the spread, it's definitely not a magic bullet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedri and LeeRoy

Hacky-sack

May 22, 2020
Real Name
Andrew Schultz
The mask mostly prevents you from infecting others, it helps contain your particles coming from your own mouth, nose etc.

If someone sneezes on you or breathes in your face the cloth masks won't help, only n95 or better will.

But particles leaving you are actually contained a bit.

They have shown how this works in slow motion video with special cameras that show how particles exit from sneezing, coughing, breathing.

Of course if someone coughs right in your face or you touch something then pick your teeth you can still get infected.

The idea is when you have a place like a store and people are all close to each other it has a good chance to help reduce the spread, it's definitely not a magic bullet.
The N95's with exhaust port are actually worse for expelled breath.

The exhaust port is unfiltered and right in front of nose and mouth.

If you've ever coughed wearing one, you've seen droplets fly right out the front, especially when you've got a sweat worked up.

Reactions: ACP and SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If I already had Covid...and could no longer catch it or be a carrier....I'd still employ the same exact protective gear and strategy in front of my clients.....
Care to guess why?....
Same reason you told us 10 times already, optics?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
10 million cases of tuberculosis last year and 1.5 million deaths. No tuberculosis pandemic, no masks and no social distancing. Well allrighty then.