Marketing: what works best for you? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Marketing: what works best for you?

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I am interested in response for the best marketing in your areas. I understand every area is different and I am in both commercial and residential markets. I have considered everything from radio, tv, newspaper, and door to door marketing and sales. I am in the process of ordering door hangers (any idea of the best place to order them from as vistaprints doesnt carry). Thanks Mike Raimer

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
One way to get your na.e out there is ... find a home in/at/near the entrance to whatever subdivision you want to work at.
Do a nice long demonstration or even free area clean. Schedule it during the time the most residents would be driving past the area. They see your truck doing their neighbors house/houses. Hot them up with some direct mail or the entire subdivision with door hangers and such.
You already have some **forgetting the term** because they have seen you cleaning at other houses in their area.

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I can only go by what I did that seemed to work in the beginning. As dying as it is, the phone book was, and continues to be probably the most necessary. Statistically, it's still our biggest new residential customer source. My biggest problem with the newspaper is the cost... it's ridiculous in our area. Couple that with how many carpet cleaners still use it, and you find yourself battling 10 of them over who has the cheapest "minimum charge", "percent off", blah blah blah. We did have some luck with direct mailers, but I would stick to vistaprint, rather than Valpak or one of those big ones... again, due to cost. A trick I used to use to get into complexes was approach the office people... middle of the day on a Wednesday (middle of the week, so they're not groggy from the weekend, or ready for a end of week drink), and hit them with a "Hello, I'm from such and such carpet cleaning. We had a call from a tenant wanting an estimate on some carpet cleaning (have some common name ready... not sure of the last name :D). I wanted to make sure that you're ok with us doing work on your property, and make sure your have our company information, as we haven't been formally introduced...." You'll be surprised at how often they want to talk turkey about your company, rates, ect. I've landed a few this way... true story.

Reactions: MPR and owenscott

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Facebook page
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272149.291595.jpg
update daily with fresh pictures of you work.
Google ads
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272207.553563.jpg
this will keep you on the front page.
Eddm
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272277.737582.jpg
send to the most desired neighborhoods in your area.
Reminder cards ( every 6 months)
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272368.532245.jpg
sens these to the clients you've already done work for.
Door hangers
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272510.127673.jpg
work everyday till 3pm no matter what. No jobs to do, pass out hangers.
Join a lead generation company. www.homeadvisor.com many may disagree with this but it works great my area
Nice van wrap/decal
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272689.330950.jpg
let people know what you do.
Get a good printer.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1396272767.279658.jpg
this guy is good and cheap and will ship anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
What is your goal for the next 3-5 years?
How much money can you afford monthly?

What is your market like: rural, suburban, urban?
What are your competitors doing?

Start by making a list of EVERYTHING and then go down X things off list you can't afford or have no interest in. The answer will be right there...
This is problem solving not religion.

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
Vista Prints is a joke.. use GotPrints.net and save yourself a ton of cash vs VP.

http://gotprint.net/g/welcome.do
Yea? Thanks for the heads up! We've been with vistaprint since the beginning because their prices were so much less than anybody locally... which is where we try to stay if we can. This is why I love TMF.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Yea? Thanks for the heads up! We've been with vistaprint since the beginning because their prices were so much less than anybody locally... which is where we try to stay if we can. This is why I love TMF.

Last I checked you can get 5000 business cards, colored both sides for $50 or so.

Reactions: aloha one

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
I can only go by what I did that seemed to work in the beginning. As dying as it is, the phone book was, and continues to be probably the most necessary. Statistically, it's still our biggest new residential customer source. My biggest problem with the newspaper is the cost... it's ridiculous in our area. Couple that with how many carpet cleaners still use it, and you find yourself battling 10 of them over who has the cheapest "minimum charge", "percent off", blah blah blah. We did have some luck with direct mailers, but I would stick to vistaprint, rather than Valpak or one of those big ones... again, due to cost. A trick I used to use to get into complexes was approach the office people... middle of the day on a Wednesday (middle of the week, so they're not groggy from the weekend, or ready for a end of week drink), and hit them with a "Hello, I'm from such and such carpet cleaning. We had a call from a tenant wanting an estimate on some carpet cleaning (have some common name ready... not sure of the last name :D). I wanted to make sure that you're ok with us doing work on your property, and make sure your have our company information, as we haven't been formally introduced...." You'll be surprised at how often they want to talk turkey about your company, rates, ect. I've landed a few this way... true story.
Thank you for the information. I have similar issues with the paper in this area. Even though the paper is to outlying areas, they still want a high amount. Havent contacted the yellow book yet...trying to contain costs as much as possible but am willing to spend on the biggest ROI

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
Wont let me edit my post above.
The term i couldnt remember was
"Social.proof"
If they see your truck at all the neighbors houses you have instant creditability.

Jon Y

Oct 14, 2020
Real Name
Jon Young
For my business Abello handyman most of our traffic is driven to use by using Google through the website. Word of mouth referrals are great too.

serebruut

Oct 15, 2020
Real Name
arnolidt
It is very important to consider the interests of your potential customers. Marketing will be effective if it is directed directly to consumers