Marketing & social media

Jul 9, 2017
Real Name
stephanie barber
I'm marketing my business and I'd like to add some of the properties we maintain to my marketing materials and social media outlets. What steps should I take? I assume i must have their approval to post a photo of their business on my website, facebook page etc. How would you suggest I approach my clients with such a request? Basically, I just want to have some photo's taken of the fronts of the businesses and include those on my website and some photos of completed work

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
You would in effect be asking them to recommend you so yes you need permission in writing.
I just post before & after pics of the work without any customer identifiable background like signs or logos.
I did a car dealership and photo shopped out the dealers name and car brand logos.
I did the same for a paint store.
People are most interested in the results not who you've done work for.
If you get written recommendations then you could set up a page with those testimonials and company names but I would make it clear on your intent to use them that way.

Several years ago I posted a FB post on my biz page with before & after pics of a kitchen floor at a 5* resort.
I made the mistake of using the 'check in' tag and the next day their legal Dept contacted me and made me take it down, even the photos with no tags.

drpowerwash5

Apr 15, 2020
Real Name
Brett M
I would ask them for permission and make sure that explain that you will promote their business with the post. Positive posts and social media attachments will promote more exposure for their business and helps them