Marketing idea, show many people HOW good you clean :)

Alexander

Feb 18, 2012
Real Name
Alexander Evstafiev
Business Location
United States
We want to set up all our equipment in a busy place, parking lot or busy street. Get the nastiest piece of carpet we can find and then just do a presentation for everyone to see how we clean carpet and what results we get. This way many people can actually see what we do and if they want to schedule a cleaning right there!

What do you guys think?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
That would be interesting...

Maybe spread out a 12x12 piece of filthy carpet and have a homeless man lay down in the middle and clean his outline like one of those crime scene chalk lines...

And have a balloon guy there for sure. Kids love balloons.

LarryJones

Mar 12, 2012
Florida
Real Name
Larry Jones
Business Location
United States
I like your idea Alexander. Do it on a Saturday when lots of people aren't working and they are maybe out and about shopping and have time to pull over to observe your presentations. A busy intersection? Absolutely. Find a proprietor on a busy corner and offer to clean the carpets in his house one time free, in return for using his parking lot to do your demos each Saturday there. And his business benefits too, as people might go in and buy something from him, after they watch your demos. Maybe do a fresh piece of carpet every 15 minutes if the crowds of cars pulled over to observe your demos warrant it. I'm fresh new back in CC after 22 years away from it. (Went to sea for 16 years.) I remember in the past, we used to go into really dirty restaurants and clean FREE a 4 by 4 foot of filthy carpet that was right by the door going from the kitchen into the dining room areas. It impressed a few restaurant managers and got us accounts. Of course being that dirty, we had to put a rotary to it. Best to you Alexander! :)

We want to set up all our equipment in a busy place, parking lot or busy street. Get the nastiest piece of carpet we can find and then just do a presentation for everyone to see how we clean carpet and what results we get. This way many people can actually see what we do and if they want to schedule a cleaning right there!

What do you guys think?

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea, show you are thinking out of the box.

Maybe you could offer free hot dogs. People will line up for anything if it is free.

Make sure you have a lot of handouts, spotter bottles, business cards and brochures if you have them.

btw, you have a very nice looking web site.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

What do you guys think?

Now that you mention it I joined our local Chamber of commerce. and one of the benefits is that every summer they set up like a show for small biz to present their services or products there. It's going to cost me $100 for the space and, like I said, we can do demos share brochures and give aways. It's happening in June I'll post the results after it happens.

Alexander

Feb 18, 2012
Real Name
Alexander Evstafiev
Business Location
United States
And have a sign saying something like "watch us clean this rug at 2pm Saturday"...after placing the rug there on a Thursday or Friday.
Awesome idea!

Make sure you have a lot of handouts, spotter bottles, business cards and brochures if you have them.

btw, you have a very nice looking web site.
Got tons of flyers, business cards and spotter bottles :) Yeah website came out very nice, all ladies love it which is what I wanted to achieve :)

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Now that you mention it I joined our local Chamber of commerce. and one of the benefits is that every summer they set up like a show for small biz to present their services or products there. It's going to cost me $100 for the space and, like I said, we can do demos share brochures and give aways. It's happening in June I'll post the results after it happens.
We did exactly this idea at our annual Home Show. Only I was struggling with how could we "resoil" the same carpet over and over again and then inspiration struck! We ran ads telling people to bring in their dirty rugs and we would clean them for FREE!

It was incredible. We had two TM's running side by side for two days straight and two teams of employees working in shifts running them. We had the clearview filters prominently displayed and a constant crowd of 40-50 people watching their rugs be magically transformed.

Over the two day show we would clean 400-500 rugs and carpets. (We didn't do high end oriental carpets or Navajo rugs here.) I also had 2 or 3 office people handing out coupons and signing up folks for our free drawing at the same time. We would normally get 200 or so leads from the two day event.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.https://shop.truckmountforums.com.com

PS I collected all my Home Show ideas and put them in a checklist. You can download it for free right HERE.

fred3655

Oct 2, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Luis Paulet
Business Location
United States
Too bad it's against the rules to deduct the value of charity services from your taxes or you'd have $20k right there in deductions. That alone would make it worth it.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
We did exactly this idea at our annual Home Show. Only I was struggling with how could we "resoil" the same carpet over and over again and then inspiration struck! We ran ads telling people to bring in their dirty rugs and we would clean them for FREE!

It was incredible. We had two TM's running side by side for two days straight and two teams of employees working in shifts running them. We had the clearview filters prominently displayed and a constant crowd of 40-50 people watching their rugs be magically transformed.

Over the two day show we would clean 400-500 rugs and carpets. (We didn't do high end oriental carpets or Navajo rugs here.) I also had 2 or 3 office people handing out coupons and signing up folks for our free drawing at the same time. We would normally get 200 or so leads from the two day event.

Steve Toburen

PS I collected all my Home Show ideas and put them in a checklist. You can download it for free right HERE.

Thank you very much that's valuable information. Especially when I'm trying to do something that I have never done before. I will definitely download your info, as always, and choose something that can make me succeed at the show. the drawings along with free spoter and a free room was some of the ideas that I had in mind. I'm sure after reading your material I will have a clearer idea on how to do it.
thank you so much.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States

Steve Toburen

I'm sure you had your own wearhouse or building for the people to come and visit. What if you didn't have your own wearhouse, where would you have done something of this magnitude? It's an awesome idea. I just don't think my little 10x10 office will hold that many rugs...