Marble floors | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Marble floors

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Howdy everyone,
i received a call to clean a marble floor. I never cleaned one before. Can i just use a CRB and a spinner with a neutral PH cleaner or do i need a 175? I have a CRB and Spinner. I do not have a 175. I'm not sure if its tile or slab. Does that make a difference? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
What is crb? Just clean it like a normal tile floor with your spinner. Set your psi around 1100 or so. Make sure you're not blowing out any factory fills and collect your dollars. I charge my normal tile and grout cleaning fee to clean marble/travertine no different to me. Maybe start with a weak dilution of your tile cleaning Chem. Inform the customer there might be a few addition holes when you're finished... It's a side affect of natural product. Also check and make sure there isn't a topical sealer on the floor or you will hate your life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

EDS

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
Real Name
Ed Scott
Deleted by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
What is crb? Just clean it like a normal tile floor with your spinner. Set your psi around 1100 or so. Make sure you're not blowing out any factory fills and collect your dollars. I charge my normal tile and grout cleaning fee to clean marble/travertine no different to me. Maybe start with a weak dilution of your tile cleaning Chem. Inform the customer there might be a few addition holes when you're finished... It's a side affect of natural product. Also check and make sure there isn't a topical sealer on the floor or you will hate your life.

Thank you for your reply. I just wasn't sure if i needed to buff the marble after cleaning. A CRB is a Counter Rotating Brush machine. Have a great day!

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
crb should be fine. instead of spinner use tile wand to be safe. you don't want the spinner to bump on a lip and scratch the floor. If no wand available, use the spinner just be very careful an open the vent to make it easier to maneuver.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree with tile wand as Martin said. And a CRB is fine if you have very soft brushes for it.

PS:We just installed marble floors at our TMF school. We used sanded grout on a floor next to it. We accidentally got a little sand on the floor and when I used the spinner scratched it. That is no problem for us because we want scratched floors to practice with. But for you or a homeowner not so good. So biggest key is getting it as clean as possible before hand with a soft broom or vacuum brush attachment while pre vac. Let is know how it works out for you!

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
You can put a totally cotton bonnett under your 175 and do a final buff on the floor. Spray a little windex out in front and it will leave it perfect like glass. If you don't have a all cotton bonnett use a standard white pad.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You can put a totally cotton bonnett under your 175 and do a final buff on the floor. Spray a little windex out in front and it will leave it perfect like glass. If you don't have a all cotton bonnett use a standard white pad.

Bryan do you find a cotton bonnet works better than a white pad?

I have had some really dirty marble grout lines and used a diluted alkaline. I then used a white pad and it looked good. Would a cotton bonnet be better in that situation?

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
I agree with tile wand as Martin said. And a CRB is fine if you have very soft brushes for it.

PS:We just installed marble floors at our TMF school. We used sanded grout on a floor next to it. We accidentally got a little sand on the floor and when I used the spinner scratched it. That is no problem for us because we want scratched floors to practice with. But for you or a homeowner not so good. So biggest key is getting it as clean as possible before hand with a soft broom or vacuum brush attachment while pre vac. Let is know how it works out for you!
Thanks Rob, I'll have to join a class or two sometime in the near future.

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
Bryan do you find a cotton bonnet works better than a white pad?

I have had some really dirty marble grout lines and used a diluted alkaline. I then used a white pad and it looked good. Would a cotton bonnet be better in that situation?
I use white pads in a pinch. But the bonnett are my go to. Think of them as a giant towel to wipe the floor. I can get about 400ft out of one side before flip but this is after a powder Polish a general clean should get much more. If you're using a light cleaning solution and rinse enough you can probably get away with a flat microfiber Mop and a little glass cleaner.

JojoFC

Nov 19, 2016
Las vegas
Real Name
Jojo jananto
Business Location
United States
Howdy everyone,
i received a call to clean a marble floor. I never cleaned one before. Can i just use a CRB and a spinner with a neutral PH cleaner or do i need a 175? I have a CRB and Spinner. I do not have a 175. I'm not sure if its tile or slab. Does that make a difference? Thanks

CRB and spinner to clean. Some clients wants it buffed and polished, thats when you have to use 175.. on a different quote of course. I'm thinking of going into stone. Money is good there.

JojoFC

Nov 19, 2016
Las vegas
Real Name
Jojo jananto
Business Location
United States

Rob..if i use a buffer with poly brush instead of a CRB, would that hurt the floor? ( natural stone like travertine or marble )