Marble floor maintenance suggestions

BROOMYS

Apr 30, 2018
Real Name
Angelo Batts
Hey all. I’m trying to find the best solution for maintaining a marble floor. The previous contractor used VCT regular floor wax on marble. The wax is coming off now and the client wants it removed along with grout cleaning. 1.) What type of stripper and pad should I use? 2.) Which method to use for grout cleaning-Spinner tool or by hand? What would you charge for stripping the floor only-about 200sq ft?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What you use will depend on what your plans are after removing the wax. A couple questions first:

Do you plan to put more wax down?

If not, are you going to polish it? If so, what process will you be using?

BROOMYS

Apr 30, 2018
Real Name
Angelo Batts
What you use will depend on what your plans are after removing the wax. A couple questions first:

Do you plan to put more wax down?

If not, are you going to polish it? If so, what process will you be using?
Thanks for your response!

I did find a marble floor stripper, low odor. I don’t plan on putting more wax down. The client likes the floor as is without the wax. I may polish it if the floor looks dull-using the diamond pads.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thanks for your response!

I did find a marble floor stripper, low odor. I don’t plan on putting more wax down. The client likes the floor as is without the wax. I may polish it if the floor looks dull-using the diamond pads.
If you are not polishing for sure I’d probably use a red pad to strip, or maybe a soft brush such as a carpet brush on the 175.

See if you can find out which wax they have used in the past. If you can use the same brand of stripper it will most likely work best.

One thing to remember with strippers is mixing them stronger than the label calls for does not make it work better, just the opposite in fact.

BROOMYS

Apr 30, 2018
Real Name
Angelo Batts
If you are not polishing for sure I’d probably use a red pad to strip, or maybe a soft brush such as a carpet brush on the 175.

See if you can find out which wax they have used in the past. If you can use the same brand of stripper it will most likely work best.

One thing to remember with strippers is mixing them stronger than the label calls for does not make it work better, just the opposite in fact.
Ok, I have red pads. I might use marble floor stripper.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Ok, I have red pads. I might use marble floor stripper.
Wax actually KILLS the marble, it cannot breath, usually it turns yellow or brown. Make sure to place a good water based sealer over it after the wax is removed and floor is clean/dry. You can use a microfiber pad to apply per regular spray bottle for the sealer. You may have to cover the walls with plastic, could be a messy job.

Nov 13, 2007
You can strip it off with a good wax stripper and a black pad just like you would strip Vct .
The reason they waxed the floor is because the customer wanted a shinny floor so you will need to Diamond hone 200 grit up to about 3500 and 5x polish to a hard shine.
I would charge about $1,000 and it would look beautiful after it is finished.