essieclean

Jan 25, 2009
crestview florida
www.insideoutcleaningsolutions.com
Real Name
essie powell
Business Location
United States
Need to vent about the terrible experience we are having with the M5 and airhog . We have had the motor replaced, switches and hoses and the machine is less than a year old . Recently it has been down at least once a week actually it is down now. Hubby called mytee before he went to Texas and order the parts , they promise they would be sent to the vendor we use to fix this mytee and was told 4 days later the parts wasn';t order because they need the serial number. Does anyone else have problems with the M5? This is becoming more and more expensive each week. Yes, we have spoken to the owner once and he was very nice, but afterwards it has been a battle with their customer service. At this point I wouldn't recommend any of their products to anyone. We are looking into purchasing a truckmount this looks like the best option now.

Frustrated Mytee Owner !

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
1. Upgrade poorly designed Acorn filter and use an inline filter on vacuum hose (no more foam-water thru motors
2. Upgrade interior hoses (Ask Alex which ones are best)
3. Upgrade Rocker switches with higher amperage better quality ( see/search recent posts regarding Mytees rocker switches)
4. Feel blessed you have this forum to help with your Mighty big problems
5. What Vinnie said LOL

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Just called Cobb to purchase the same machine you have. They told me they were too busy to deal with me. I was a littler irked about that but then I red your post. Maybe it's a good thing. Please keep us posted on your situation. Now I got to figure out what to do. Decisions decisions.

essieclean

Jan 25, 2009
crestview florida
Real Name
essie powell
Business Location
United States
I can only say I am very disappointed maybe I received a lemon, but actually they sent me parts in which we paid a professional to put in the labor, the only thing every time we replace one thing something else goes wrong. Customer service is really the issue , when your machine product have this many problems we just need answers and solutions asap costing monies every day . We are having to cancel clients/ Currently using a machine for half the price and half the power and does a better job than the M5 and the airhog

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I feel for you. I can't afford to get into the position you're in. I hope they "Mytee", come though for you and soon. I'll be following this thread.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear of the bad string of luck you are having, I have had good luck thus far with my Mytee M5+, I sure hope Mytee comes thru for you, keep us posted.

Thanks
Timothy

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Mytee has an excellent reputation for taking care of the customer. Most of you know that. In this case, I've talked to them and also Nathan try to help them. Both of us have been at a loss to understand what difficulty they are experiencing. They bought thier machine from Texas and than moved from Georgia to Santa Rosa, Ca. We sent them to an outstanding dist. Proline Supply in Northern California, reasonably close to them. Since then, I have heard nothing of this until now. I'm sure Proline is more than capable to help them, however, If you will get the machine down to us in San Diego, I will be glad to show you how to use it and solve any problems you have. Mytee is far from indifferent when it comes to helping our customers.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
The original Mytee M5 came with some sub-par components, such as the vac hoses, water hoses, water inlet tube, dump filter etc. I replaced a motor in mine last week but it seems like a good, strong motor compared to what some of the competition uses. I replaced nearly all of my components with much better stuff, including the switches. I believe that Mytee is now upgrading their equipment line and using better components than what the original M5's had. If you are going to use ANY portable, you will have to be somewhat experienced in minor repairs and problem solving. If you cry like a banshee every time you see a drip of water coming out of the cabin, you are not prepared to run a portable. The good news is that, if you can wing a wrench, they are easy to fix; much easier than a 1000 pound belt flinging TM behemoth.

The Cross American portables that are being recommended by serfs like Vinnie must have changed a whole lot since the last Recoil I saw because it was one of the most embarrassing attempts of a carpet cleaning machine that I had ever seen. It was not even what I would call "professional". I cannot speak about the Edic because I have never seen one. Despite the problems you have been having with communication to Mytee, they are usually very good with taking care of problems. The owner, who is a member here, is a terrific guy. Compared to what I have seen from other owners and CEO's, he is in a class by himself but you seem like you are having a knee-jerk reaction, before going through logical steps toward a solution. Mytee's customer service has been unbelievably good in my experience.

One thing I would suggest to you is to remove all of those small double hose clamps in favor of a single, wide clamp on each fitting (much stronger). You also need to replace the water hose coming from the fresh water tank for a crimped, high pressure hose. I believe that Mytee has this replacement.

In the last year or so, Mytee has begun to focus more on quality so I expect these sort of things to stop happening. I also think this is probably an example of a child screaming bloody murder from a mosquito bite.

Best of luck.

prcarpet

Feb 11, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Real Name
Chris Biggs
Business Location
United States
I love my mytee and they took care of me but everything under the sun went wrong with my 1003dx. Would I buy another mytee? Sure. They definately beat the competition. Would I do like Alex and modify mine out of the gate? Absoutely! It's hard when it's your first machine and you don't have a backup. I understand your pain and will pray for your machine. It will all work out just probably not in the time frame you want which is definately frustrating mentally and to the pocketbook.

We are looking into purchasing a truckmount this looks like the best option now.

Frustrated Mytee Owner !

More money more problems. You think the repairs for a portable are expensive wait til you get a truckmount! Components on a portable are normally $150 or cheaper fix other than pump but you usually just replace seals in that situation. All big tm components run 1k plus.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Today we had steady rain throughout the day and had a large restaurant to clean. I was so glad that I had the portable van available because we brought all of our equipment inside and were no longer subjected to the rain. We cleaned all day inside and by the time we were finished, the rain had stopped. If we had used one of my truckmount vans, we would have been exposed to rain all day, emptying the waste tank, filter box etc.

This is just one example of where a portable is a big advantage. In life, it is ok to get frustrated with things but you have to overcome them and not cry and wail about quitting this or that. Overcome your problems. Portable machines are very simple and easy to fix. Take responsibility and fix it.

If your "hubby" cannot fix a portable, you need to take responsibility for picking such a "hubby" instead of a Matt7 type, who would have that thing gutted and upgraded inside a hair-pulling episode of Jerry Springer.

essieclean

Jan 25, 2009
crestview florida
Real Name
essie powell
Business Location
United States
John,

When I spoke to Mytee the first time I explained to you we had some difficulties with the customer service , You corrected that , another problem occured and yes we relocated to California, but never dealt with a vendor called proline only steam brite. after purchasing the equipment only Mytee. I can't express how dissatisfied with this entire process with a machine that is less than a year old. Did I expect every week the machine would need another part (NO) Now Deron don't uck with me because I am not for your bs I am a woman and have a difficult time dealing with little boys who use their weiner to act like a MAN, raised too adult men and will step down and put you in your place. Don't go there with my husband its not necessary. I will not tolerate it. You must be talking about your MOMA who's a SHE MALE. Maybe she forgot to tap that A:: when your were growing up. Sorry everyone for else for address this hole but it was necessary maybe he forgot his She male manners.

matt7

Feb 16, 2011
Alberta
Real Name
Matthew Stephenson
Business Location
United States
John,

When I spoke to Mytee the first time I explained to you we had some difficulties with the customer service , You corrected that , another problem occured and yes we relocated to California, but never dealt with a vendor called proline only steam brite. after purchasing the equipment only Mytee. I can't express how dissatisfied with this entire process with a machine that is less than a year old. Did I expect every week the machine would need another part (NO) Now Deron don't uck with me because I am not for your bs I am a woman and have a difficult time dealing with little boys who use their weiner to act like a MAN, raised too adult men and will step down and put you in your place. Don't go there with my husband its not necessary. I will not tolerate it. You must be talking about your MOMA who's a SHE MALE. Maybe she forgot to tap that A:: when your were growing up. Sorry everyone for else for address this hole but it was necessary maybe he forgot his She male manners.

At first Deron06 with appear to be the biggest jackas- on this forum, and well yes he likely is...... But he does know more about the machine your using then anyone else on here and likely could have walked you through those repairs and had you back up and running.

I'm far from a Mytee fan, but the machine is pretty basic, really warranty is not always the way to go. I rarely use warranty's since the down time costs more then the repairs and you end up with the same junk that broke the first time. Seriously if the first rocker switches burnt out why would you wait weeks for another one the same when you could buy an upgraded unit for under $10 and fix it permanently? Hoses, pull them all out, they are a joke, bring them to a hose shop and get all new ones made out of high pressure hose with crimped ends (less then $100 and could same you thousands vs. a flood claim).

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
John,

Now that there is funny.....I don't care who you are hahahahahahahahahaha

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
At first Deron06 with appear to be the biggest jackas- on this forum, and well yes he likely is...... But he does know more about the machine your using then anyone else on here and likely could have walked you through those repairs and had you back up and running.

I'm far from a Mytee fan, but the machine is pretty basic, really warranty is not always the way to go. I rarely use warranty's since the down time costs more then the repairs and you end up with the same junk that broke the first time. Seriously if the first rocker switches burnt out why would you wait weeks for another one the same when you could buy an upgraded unit for under $10 and fix it permanently? Hoses, pull them all out, they are a joke, bring them to a hose shop and get all new ones made out of high pressure hose with crimped ends (less then $100 and could same you thousands vs. a flood claim).

Most of us just want to clean, no interest in crimping anything or changing switches or anything else.
Great that you guys can but most cannot.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
John,

Even funnier because i chatted with essieclean couple times and found her really nice and great attitude.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

I believe Mytee has an 1 year warranty similar to the Automobile world. While agree I also might have changed an Rocker switch without contacting Mytee , but would I have been voiding the Warranty? Other than regular maintenance work I have all warranty work done on my new vehicles.
This is not the first time a poster has had issues with a Rocker switch,hose or motor.