Mans Best Friend

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Got this little guy when he was 6 weeks old back in 2000-2001. He went on every vacation and never went a day without us for 13-14 years.

We knew it was coming because was having hip & joint troubles and he just wasn't the same. He stopped walking altogether Thursday. Tried to get an appointment to put him to sleep but they said it would be Saturday at 2:30 due to the holiday.

So we made sure he was comfortable until then and tried to prepare our kids (3&5). Put a couple layers of carpet & pad under him because he obviously couldn't go outside. He hung on longer than I thought and just stared us in the eyes as if to say he loved us.

Around 1pm yesterday I went inside and loved on him, petted him, told em I loved him and to just let go. Walked outside full of tears to smoke a cigarette.

1:20pm my wife came outside to tell me he was gone. We sobbed like little babies. He was our baby for so many years before we had kids. We were those people!

I couldn't bring myself to dig the hole n all that so we took him to our farm where my dad already got it ready with his bobcat. He's now laid to rest right beside his dad, Max.

Afterward we stayed on the farm & picked blueberries with the kids to take their mind off it. And it worked.

As we laid in bed late last night my 5yr old daughter came in & said "mom, maybe one day we can search all the pet stores & find a dog just like Lance, but for now you can sleep with this" and she handed my wife a Dalmatian teddy bear. That killed me. But I knew right then we were raising our little ones with big hearts. She looked at me & said "dad, its OK cuz he's in heaven with piper n max n smokey". What a sweetheart!!!

Sorry guys but I just wanted to share that for the dog lovers out there. Anyone that's not a dog lover, what the hells wrong with you?!?!

R.I.P Lance

Attachments

• 1404693192524.jpg
    1404693192524.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 1404693214596.jpg
    1404693214596.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 1404693230924.jpg
    1404693230924.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 126

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear that been trough it to its a sad thing our little girl dog that i still miss use to sleep in our bed right in the middle just like a baby hope your kids are ok

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums. D.V.A. Carpet Cleaning
He used to sleep between our feet in a king size bed. All 90lbs of em.

Honestly the kids took it better than we did. My sons too young to get it, but my daughter was like a grief counselor the way she was being. She cried some but was more worried about mom & dad. What an angel!:)

TimM

Sep 9, 2007
Ogden Utah
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear of your loss @Jimmy Hitt, I lost one of mine over fathers day weekend. Took her into the vet and they found a huge cancerous tumor that had already spead into other parts of her organs. It was a very sad weekend. She is the one on the right pictured with her mom and brother.
3dogs.JPG

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Sorry to hear of your loss @Jimmy Hitt, I lost one of mine over fathers day weekend. Took her into the vet and they found a huge cancerous tumor that had already spead into other parts of her organs. It was a very sad weekend. She is the one on the right pictured with her mom and brother.View attachment 31495
Dachshund in a great breed. Very family oriented.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Always sad to lose a long-time friend. Dogs personalities can teach us a lot about how to be a true friend.

Our dachshund is 14 and has arthritis and other infirmaties. I knew a similar situation is not far away for our family.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Wow, that got me choked up. Very sorry to hear. I lost my best friend back in November her name was Precious , she had a stroke. I did not think I was capable of such tears. It is hard when you love a dog, they live such short lives but bring us great joy.
She is the chow in the middle.
baptism080_zps96e5435b.jpg

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Always sad to lose a long-time friend. Dogs personalities can teach us a lot about how to be a true friend.

Our dachshund is 14 and has arthritis and other infirmaties. I knew a similar situation is not far away for our family.
Prayers for your family when that day comes. I've lost many dogs in my life but nothing hurt like this one. Kills you when there like a part of the family. Especially when your kids get so close to them.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
It's nice to know there are so many Dog and pet lovers out there.Those who are not Dog lovers simply do not understand the depth of emotion a human can have for their canine family members.

The immediate pain of losing a pet makes the years of happy moments seem so distant, but as the pain lessons, the happy memories again bring smiles. Nothing loved is ever truly gone.

Reactions: Scott W

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
It's nice to know there are so many Dog and pet lovers out there.Those who are not Dog lovers simply do not understand the depth of emotion a human can have for their canine family members.

The immediate pain of losing a pet makes the years of happy moments seem so distant, but as the pain lessons, the happy memories again bring smiles. Nothing loved is ever truly gone.
Well said man, thanks.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
View attachment 31509View attachment 31510
Perfectly good cat. Except for the gd cancer. Had to put her down on the 26th. 17 years young. Such an awesome mouser.
Sorry to hear man. Luckily our cats still young, 2yrs. So when that day comes the kids will be far more attached. That's life I guess, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Reactions: Gasoline