Magic Eraser on grout stains

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 18, 2017
Real Name
Robert Nash
Client went behind me and used Magic Eraser on deep set stains. It is turning the grout white but I think it is leaving a film on the grout. Does anyone have any experience with clients doing this?
The client was warned that the deep set stains would more than likely be present after alkaline cleaning and acid washing. Color sealing was offered as an option. Client was surprised and disappointed that the grout didn't look uniform throughout.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Client went behind me and used Magic Eraser on deep set stains. It is turning the grout white but I think it is leaving a film on the grout. Does anyone have any experience with clients doing this?
The client was warned that the deep set stains would more than likely be present after alkaline cleaning and acid washing. Color sealing was offered as an option. Client was surprised and disappointed that the grout didn't look uniform throughout.
What method are you using to clean the grout? Are you pre scrubbing?

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Alkaline solution is pre-sprayed with agitation using grout brush.
Followed by a truckmount? Which tool are you using? I ask because the single jet viper tool is sometimes the best to really remove the maximum amount of soil from grout. It's more time consuming, but it's my go to when I want to get every last bit of soil out.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
I use a portable with a turbo hybrid spinner tool.
I know this is not the most helpful advice, but I use a 4 jet straight tile tool, and a single jet tool to touch up grout lines when necessary. We stopped using a spinner a while back when we saw the results from the straight jetted tools. My first purchase would be the single jet for the days you need to bust out the big guns. This is just my preference.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
I know this is not the most helpful advice, but I use a 4 jet straight tile tool, and a single jet tool to touch up grout lines when necessary. We stopped using a spinner a while back when we saw the results from the straight jetted tools. My first purchase would be the single jet for the days you need to bust out the big guns. This is just my preference.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain

Feb 18, 2017
Real Name
Robert Nash
Interesting. I've never heard of a 4 jet straight tile tool before. Doesn't that split the pressure 2x more than a spinner though?

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Feb 18, 2017
Real Name
Robert Nash
Haha ok I actually have one of those. I've only used it for low pressure situations. The part where it attaches is broken. I'll have to get a new part and try it out again.

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Interesting. I've never heard of a 4 jet straight tile tool before. Doesn't that split the pressure 2x more than a spinner though?
http://www.jondon.com/raptor-quick-connect-hard-surface-tool.html
Loss of pressure has not been a problem comparatively to the spinner in my experience, but I guess It really depends on the jet sizes on the tools etc... Here's an example of the tool I'm talking about. This one comes with both heads.
You ever have a hard time switching the heads on the raptor?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
If a spinner doesn't get it, it's a stain. IMO the turbo spinner is hands down the best method.
Sure I have a single jet but never needed it.
If you have a TM turn up the psi to 1500 if you want to see if there is more dirt to remove.
If you alkaline scrubbed and acid rinsed and it's not coming clean it's a stain.
That's why they invented color sealing.
I'm probably getting good results 9/10 times just cleaning and clear sealing.
That 1/10 is a color seal candidate or grout replacement.
I can usually determine the result during my sales visit.
Always give full disclaimer up front.

Latest posts

Top Bottom