Madwire Media Reviews - WARNING Madwire Media Scam | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Madwire Media Reviews - WARNING Madwire Media Scam

Discussion in 'Local Internet Marketing SEO' started by OxyDry Carpet Cleaning, Sep 12, 2013.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. OxyDry Carpet Cleaning

Aug 5, 2013
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Attention fellow carpet cleaners. I am posting this to warn everyone of a scam being pulled by Madwire Media. I posted a while back, asking if anyone had any experience with them. I didn't receive very much info so I assumed they were legit. I should have done more research and I didn't, and now I'm paying for it. So, I am here to expose these crooks and make sure none of you get ripped off. Please watch my videos, subscribe, and share so that we can expose these crooks and hopefully prevent anyone else from making the same mistake I did and losing their entire business to unscrupulous and unethical companies like Madwire Media. I will not stand idly by as they rip people off and are not held accountable for it. In my business, if a customer is not happy with the work performed, I will redo it at no charge. If they are still not happy, I will refund their money. Why? Because my name, my business, and my reputation are at stake and I don't want any of it tarnished over a few dollars. Madwire Media does not feel the same. They think it's ok to steal from small businesses. They think it's ok to lie, as long as you get the sale. Please, I ask all of you to help with my plight. I may go out of business before I get soon but if I do, I will take the ones responsible with me and I will make sure they can't steal from anyone else. Please go to http://oxydry.co/carpet-cleaning-marketing/ and watch my video directed at you, my peers. Also, you can go here http://oxydry.co/madwire-media-reviews/ and if you don't mind, please leave a comment on the pages. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated and I hope I am able to dig myself out of this hole.

Thanks to all.

2. OxyDry Carpet Cleaning

Aug 5, 2013
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    So I have an update. I just got a call from a customer in Naples Florida, which is 75 miles from me. It was a 1 room job for $60. I have asked and asked for them to not target areas more than 35 miles away from me. Did they listen? Nope. I wonder how much that click cost me. That was the third call I've received from Madwire Media's efforts in the 2 months my campaign has been running and the second call from Naples.

3. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,100 / 4 / -0
    Gregg,

That was a rough video to watch. Very sad but very informative. I'm sorry others have to learn from your misfortune but thank you for sharing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,688 / 87 / -0
    I agree Tiffany it was difficult to watch. SEO is a funny thing. What works in one area might not work at all in another area. That being said it is obvious he was taken advantage of since promises certainly were not kept. And the customer service? Won't even go there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dmreed4311

Premium VIP

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Carpet cleaner
    Fl
    Ratings:
    +6,886 / 15 / -0
    So sorry to hear, in fact it looks like that is the company that came here a while back posing as a carpet cleaning company named Pink Hippo. We got rid of him real quick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmreed4311

Premium VIP

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Carpet cleaner
    Fl
    Ratings:
    +6,886 / 15 / -0
    If only you had found TMF before you found them.
    All is not lost though because ranking in the area you service would not be that hard.
    I assume they own and control your website?

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmreed4311

Premium VIP

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Carpet cleaner
    Fl
    Ratings:
    +6,886 / 15 / -0
    Please give us exact details about what they did that cost 5k how did they justify that amount of money.
    I see that you once ran an SEO company, is that true?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clean&Jerk

Clean&Jerk User

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +69 / 4 / -0

I'm in the same area as you. I went through the same thing with a company called 29 prime. Paid for 2 months and didn't receive a single call. So I called them to cancel and get a refund it was bs that they said I would get calls from my website they were doing SEO on. My website saw no new traffic. No calls were received and they had the audacity to say " we cannot issue a refund of your money"
    I said to them they better get the best lawyer they know cause this is not going to fly.
    I called my bank and disputed the charge sent in a letter to the claims dept detailing what had happened and I got a call from 29 prime a week or so later saying they are sorry and they will refund the money and give me the service at a discounted rate of $190 for the highest package ( normally $600 )
    I laughed at the guy and said thank you for returning the money but you'll never have my business again after that shady move.

Now some help for you. I've got a flyer I normally use in apartments when money is tight and I need some more work. It's not the greatest but I get probably 5-8 calls per complex in the span of 2 weeks with it.
    The prices advertised on it are somewhat low. But some money is better than no money.
    4 rooms for $50 you can be in and out in 30 min most the time.
    ( I can )

Send me a PM and ill edit the flyer with your info on it and send it over. Ill also have my flyer company print the flyers for you $75 for 4k flyers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OxyDry Carpet Cleaning

Aug 5, 2013
    Male
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, been out of the loop for a while. Instead of trying to compete with all the ppc carpet cleaners, I bought some print advertising instead and it's working beautifully.
    As for me owning an SEO company, yep, it's true and I did get a refund, but the only way they would refund my money is for me to sign an agreement not to post anymore negative reviews and to remove the ones that they specifically asked me to remove. HOWEVER, a couple days ago, their attorney called me, I wasn't able to answer, so he sent me an email and tried to intimidate me. Of course I stood my ground as I also have a little legal background as well and I know my rights and the laws. These tactics that they use to bully their patrons if they are unsatisfied with their service, is nothing more than junior high bullying and needs to be stopped. I will NOT leave anymore negative reviews about their service, but their tactics and bullying is another story. The attorney asked me to remove this thread and I really don't want to because I want to warn my fellow carpet cleaners of the way this company does business and let you all know that they are NOT, and never have been, a carpet cleaning marketing company. They are simply a ppc company that has no idea how to market for carpet cleaners and have no idea on how to do proper keyword research.

This part is for the attorney that will obviously read this thread again and see this post. My opinion of Madwire Media and my posting on a public forum, is my constitutional right. Had I fabricated the situation or blatantly lied, then I can understand Madwire seeking legal recourse, but what I stated is 100% true and factual, therefore, I am not going to stand by while they destroy other businesses with their false promises of success. If they feel the need to pursue this, it is a completely different subject and I am VERY good at SEO and reputation management and I don't have a problem spending the time necessary to defend myself and my company.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1