LX & 8.4 In Series | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

LX & 8.4 In Series

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
@Ymetimme anytime you do things differently on TMF, carpet cleaners are going to argue about it... Every thread damn near.

I knew Odin and Ed Valentine were both going to snipe at it before I posted it. Odin was going to be sarcastic and Ed was going to "respectfully" point out that Mytee and their "special" motor as he puts it is a false economy, he's done it on every LX thread so far, why was this one going to be different.

This butthurt banter gets tiresome, but it was fully expected. This type of rhetoric is why many "on" here won't post, I can't blame them a bit....

Other then getting a headache over all the numbers that sometimes get posted. I really do appreciate your posts. You've helped me though them with my HydraMaster CDS and now with my new Mytee portable set up.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Wow, I don't believe this. I'll get a hold of Ametek today and tell them their specifications are all wrong, not helpful nor are they believable. Do I have your permission to do so, sir? If so, I will also stay out of any debates regarding performance stats, helpful information for those reading, or any information based on my 43 years of experience. Does that sound far to you?

Let me know.

Best to all

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
878786.jpg

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well a couple of days ago just for the hell of and to satisfy my curiosity i plugged my new mytee LX etm into two 15 amp circuits and it worked fine and did not blow any breakers, it was an empty house and nothing else was running on the outlets i used and my pump was set to 400psi, just saying for what its worth

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I see steambrite donald gets 15.6 here for one LX ... exactly what Jim mentions !
That im sure drops further with two vacs on ...and in use

The CA guys are probably just getting through to the office girls when they phone ametek :joyful:

Any way , real testing is more relevant ...
Bit like if you built a race car .. you would dyno test the finished car , not quote the engine manufactures bench test .

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I see steambrite donald gets 15.6 here for one LX ... exactly what Jim mentions !
That im sure drops further with two vacs on ...and in use

The CA guys are probably just getting through to the office girls when they phone ametek :joyful:

Any way , real testing is more relevant ...
Bit like if you built a race car .. you would dyno test the finished car , not quote the engine manufactures bench test .

A when I built race cars we would do both
manufacturer like Cosworth you could rely
On their horsepower numbers to be a hundred percent accurate cuz each engine came with a Dyno sheet

Once the car is finished you would place it on a rolling Dyno

Do the Driveline losses you would have 15 to 30% less horsepower/kilowatt of total output

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
For the record; I know those 6.6 motors (#122628-00) what mytee is promotioning as their special "LX", draw 17.5 amps.......

The information which I listed above was directly for the horses mouth so to speak; Ametek's Specification Sheet.

Dennis tests the amp draw at 5:00.........................

Around 15 amps...........which is in line with the other independent tests that I am aware of, as well as official Mytee numbers, which are showing 14-15 amps.

Trust me, I would know if they were frequently pulling 17+ amps just by my circuit breaker fail rate alone.

I would rather never assume any referenced factory data to be accurate, and this is yet another example of why I favor independent testing more.

If LX motors are NOT pulling 17.5 amps on any independent test so far, the only valid assumption that can be made is that Ametek's data in this example is not accurate for some reason.

Can anyone furnish a link or post an Ametek Spec Sheet for an LX motor?

Reactions: JRH

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Dennis tests the amp draw at 5:00.........................

Around 15 amps...........which is in line with the other independent tests that I am aware of, as well as official Mytee numbers, which are showing 14-15 amps.

Trust me, I would know if they were frequently pulling 17+ amps just by my circuit breaker fail rate alone.

I would rather never assume any referenced factory data to be accurate, and this is yet another example of why I favor independent testing more.

If LX motors are NOT pulling 17.5 amps on any independent test so far, the only valid assumption that can be made is that Ametek's data in this example is not accurate for some reason.

Can anyone furnish a link or post an Ametek Spec Sheet for an LX motor?
Frank
I give a “Winner” because you are a true portable user that relies strictly on household current .