Luxury Retirement Village Problem | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Luxury Retirement Village Problem

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
Vlm definitely but an lx airhog could be good if you have the portable route what about attaching a length of hose to the exhaust and stick that out a window to drop some of the noise ?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I already tried all these avenues, the residents dont want the sound of the truckmount outside their condos either.
If they want to do it themselves, then they can dictate terms of how it will be done. If they're going to hire a pro to do it, then the PRO gets to dictate terms. They can't have it both ways.

Either they will have to deal with the noise of a portable, or they will have to let you VLM it. From what you've described, there is no feasible way to achieve a proper cleaning with a truckmount. Not to mention the liability of having all that hose laid out.

They sound like trouble, and no matter how juicy the check they waived in my face was, if they tried to tell me how it's going to be cleaned I'd thank them very kindly and walk away.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
If they are this difficult to deal with up front they will be just as difficult after the job. They won’t be satisfied with the truckmount cleaning and they won’t pay you. You will fight them for 6 months to get a check.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

Look at all those lovely broken hips... oops, I mean linear feet of vacuum hose...

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Heres your video...well nevermind says too big to process on server lol

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Have a portable with the pump just humming and a 100 foot hose to a Cimex and fool them .
You can't get much quieter then just a pump on and no vacuum motors running hooked to a RX and a pad driver or a Cimex.
Hahaaa
Even a big walk behind portable.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I mean it went how you would expect. I just turned the PSI way down. So far no calls about it this morning.

I would just reduce the vacuum hose by 50' everytime I could. Took about an hour to set up. Was a little disconcerting having water drip out of vacuum hose but once halfway through the job we were ok.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I mean it went how you would expect. I just turned the PSI way down. So far no calls about it this morning.

I would just reduce the vacuum hose by 50' everytime I could. Took about an hour to set up. Was a little disconcerting having water drip out of vacuum hose but once halfway through the job we were ok.
So the first half didn’t really get cleaned? Just pretend for show?

If pressure was down what did you agitate the carpet with?

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Lol , let's put it this way...I MIGHT have encapped a hallway....we will see what the results are when I go back tonight

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
by the time you get to the end of the 600' you will have less vac than a portable.......

you loss around 1" lift per 50'....per COBB video.......

I have run close to 400'......
at half your cfm there is a significant drop off
47 blower= 470 cfm /2 = around 250' will be the dropoff point

however you can put a portable booster on there and go another 300' more.........as i use a booster on all my hose runs over 100' now.