Lubricate Blower Ceramic Bearings Titan 575

Sapphire Steamer

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
I run a Titan 575. I get a whistling sound coming from the blower when I start the truck in the morning. It only happens on my first job. It's been diagnosed that I need to lubricate the ceramic bearings in the blower, which is not done from the lube port in the front. The manual doesn't show where the ports are to apply the lube in the back. Can someone point me in the right direction, as well as recommended lubrication? I've been told everything from bike chain grease to WD-40. Very little information about this online. Thanks!

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I know this is no help but I did have to grease a couple ports on a previous machine I had. I dont know that my Titan has those fittings though. If fact, after reading and rereading the Manual, I never found anything regarding lubricating the bearings. My Titan is 3 years old.

Id be interested to find out when others chime in...

Reactions: Sapphire Steamer

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
There are no lube ports on the 575 like some blowers that have grease zerks.
The 575 is a dual splash blower which uses oil to lubricate both sides of the crankcase.
There are view windows on both sides of the blower to check the oil level.
There are also drain hoses on each side for draining the blower to change the oil.
The recommended oil is Pneulube 100

PioneerTech

May 4, 2022
Real Name
Joshua Dorn
As Kevin said they are splash oilers, no zerks. This video shows how to change the oil in them. But the daily lube spray in the front port as the manual says is important too. We use the TKX multi purpose that our distributor sells, but I am sure any multipurpose spray lube will do the trick.

Sapphire Steamer

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
I dont know that my Titan has those fittings though.

Id be interested to find out when others chime in...
So I got this figured out when I stopped by my mechanic today. My blower has two small holes where you can apply lubricant to the bearings. He said go ahead and use WD40 because it has an applicator tube that will easily fit the holes. I need to lube my machine because the bearings whistle, but the mechanic says some machines get the whistle and others don't. Likely from moisture buildup. It's just a whistle, more annoying than a problem, and it only happens for the first job of the day. But wanted to lube it up to avoid any potential one.

Here's a pic of the vent holes on my blower. Circled them:

280044447_493423159194440_701610964636829961_n.jpg

I have the tubes and stuff to change the oil, but the blower oil isn't the problem. Just the bearings.

Thanks again guys for everything, hope this helps.

Reactions: PioneerTech

Sapphire Steamer

Feb 13, 2011
CA
Real Name
Bret Furtado
Business Location
United States
Update: There's also 2 larger vent slits further down towards the waste tank, both on the same side of the blower. Two on the top and two on the bottom. Lubing all 4 seemed to have taken care of the problem.

279920913_10160145216599040_1240625234105099273_n.jpg

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
So I got this figured out when I stopped by my mechanic today. My blower has two small holes where you can apply lubricant to the bearings. He said go ahead and use WD40 because it has an applicator tube that will easily fit the holes. I need to lube my machine because the bearings whistle, but the mechanic says some machines get the whistle and others don't. Likely from moisture buildup. It's just a whistle, more annoying than a problem, and it only happens for the first job of the day. But wanted to lube it up to avoid any potential one.

Here's a pic of the vent holes on my blower. Circled them:

View attachment 100024

I have the tubes and stuff to change the oil, but the blower oil isn't the problem. Just the bearings.

Thanks again guys for everything, hope this helps.
No No No No. Those holes are nothing and go nowhere.
In a grease-able blower they are open to allow the old grease to vent out during operation. Yours are closed.
Your machine has a Tuthill dual splash blower that is lubricated by oil only.
DO YOU NOT HAVE 2 DRAIN HOSES THAT COME OFF THE BLOWER ON EACH END?
Look on Youtube. Hydramaster has a couple videos on blower lubrication.