Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Likewise, Hey appreciate you not having any hard feelings and I don’t resent you. Life is too short to go down that bunny trail.

I will add though, I agree with Rob about shelf life to a certain degree. All items have a certain amount of shelf life. Including us humans.

In my humble opinion and observations having been in the business a very short time and much shorter time on this forum. I must also Balance it out with what Gary one of my Rep’s at JonDon’s in Portland told me:

There will always be parts, and furthermore creative owner operators will find a way to keep them going as long as they can. They are a good machine.
Agree to a point also. I had the White Magic triton which had the same motor and 870 was modeled after. That Ford engine is discontinued and getting parts will be possible it just might be at a premium price. Still if one takes care of the unit properly they will easily get 5-10x’s their moneys worth.

Reactions: Davidjd67

Davidjd67

Jan 7, 2019
Halsey, Oregon
Real Name
David Del Valle
Agree to a point also. I had the White Magic triton which had the same motor and 870 was modeled after. That Ford engine is discontinued and getting parts will be possible it just might be at a premium price. Still if one takes care of the unit properly they will easily get 5-10x’s their moneys worth.

Hey Rob,
Appreciate your input. Having been on this forum a short time, for me has been aducational on quite a few fronts to say the least.....

Here is an update on the TMT 870 Truckmount and equipment I have for sale. The equipment is still on the market as far as this forum is concerned. When the final agreement is made and money is in my account, I will contact you back to remove all my “for sale posts”.

1. As of now I have 3 hard offers, we as a family have made a decision and I have been communicating With all three serious parties.

2. I am going through the machine after doing a lightly soiled carpet job. I am impressed how well it went. The TMT 870 worked extremely well, after putting it through its paces. Specially after having had a hard winter and pulling it out of storage..... FYI... nothing froze... This job was so much fun, as well as a good workout for meinstead of using the Hoss 700 I used the 4 jet wand without Teflon glides. What a hoot!

3. I have a couple of questions you maybe I would like to ask you, would you be able to call
me sometime today? Text me Your phone number and email address and let me know when is the most convenient time to have a chat.

Thank you!

Attachments

Reactions: rob allen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
870s are beasts. And yes, eventually the engine will no longer be available... and the same could be said of ANY engine-powered machine. Meanwhile, I don't see that as a detriment to the unit in any way. Legend Brands has assured all of their distributors that they intend to support units for as long as possible.

Any of my guys in this area would be drooling over that setup... though most, if not all, of them would balk at the price. Honestly, the unit is going to be worth far more than you can reasonably expect to get for it.

I've always said the best used CC equipment deals are the ones where both parties walk away equally miserable. Seller didn't get enough, buyer paid too much. That's the "happy medium".

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Who ever buys it, will earn their money back and lots more and more money before the engine needs replaced. In Cuba they keep their automobiles running & running for years and years without getting any parts. Those 55 Chevy's are still running fine after 65 years.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
AS a guy that has a TM with a no longer manufactured motor, you don't want to have to find parts fo it later on down the road. this is what I'm faced with right not and it's no fun.

Davidjd67

Jan 7, 2019
Halsey, Oregon
Real Name
David Del Valle
Who ever buys it, will earn their money back and lots more and more money before the engine needs replaced. In Cuba they keep their automobiles running & running for years and years without getting any parts. Those 55 Chevy's are still running fine after

I don’t know you personally, bu I appreciate your vote of confidence.

Quick update:
I am on the downhill slide of the negotiation process.

Two of the three firm parties have dropped out.... ( Thank you for your participation... you know who you are)ha I am taking my hour lunch break and decided to post these pictures.

I have been very busy with:
1. Living life and taking care of business as well as taking care of a couple of things that were out of my control.

And also busy polishing a Diamond:
1. I have also been busy going through every inch of my trailer,

Attachments

Davidjd67

Jan 7, 2019
Halsey, Oregon
Real Name
David Del Valle
@Davidjd67 it is a buyers market right now. Here is another place to sell directly to cleaners...

Hey Rob,
Please call me......

Thank you!

Davidjd67

Jan 7, 2019
Halsey, Oregon
Real Name
David Del Valle
AS a guy that has a TM with a no longer manufactured motor, you don't want to have to find parts fo it later on down the road. this is what I'm faced with right not and it's no fun.
I understand, to a certain point.... much has to do with how busy you are..... your work load and what you specialize in.

Most people that have not owned a big machine, like the TMT 870 don’t understand..... what machine did you own?

I know what I own and I truly believe I am being reasonable........

Thank you,
Give me a call sometime. I would love to compare notes

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Or text me..... At your convenience
I don’t believe I have your number. You can text me @ 757-486-3532. I do not answer my phone anymore. I do take texts and will call back based off of those.

Davidjd67

Jan 7, 2019
Halsey, Oregon
Real Name
David Del Valle
Hello everyone,
My trailer with tools and heartbeat of my business the big Sapphire Scientific low hour TMT 870 is still available. It is in excellent shape, no leaks found after I put it through its paces on two lone wolf real time projects:
1. Light soiled polypropylene carpet with organic coffee stains 4 rooms and a living room.

2. Old concrete driveway, has been powered washed before, never had a deep clean in its life... I brought it to a place where you could eat off the floor. That is what I did in high end residential and commercial. And because we live in Oregon with all the rain mud, silt mold and moss issues I would add a topcoat that was anti-fungal. That would help the home or business owner to power wash with a wand and at 2,500 PSI he could keep it clean.

Appreciate the three parties who participated in round 1... you know who you are, and I appreciate each one of you personally. You are welcome to contact me anytime if you want my opinion on the solutions I used, or my methods. I will not go into detail.... I am only selling my hard earned equipment! And the little knowledge I have is free for the asking.

As originally stated my baseline price of $30k for the package (more than fair price according to some of you). And on my last post I dropped it to $28k picked up at my place. I reserve first right of refusal.... this equipment is paid in full and fully insured as a personal asset with a definitive inventory.

1. Low hour Sapphire Scientific TMT 870 in excellent shape, it’s ticking heart is a 4 cylinder Ford Motor, with moderate electronics.... God forbid, that Ford goes out of business in the next 10 years!

120 gal. Waste tank.. Well built, has three compartments, two floats and two inline filters (tank doesn’t stink) it has been well maintained.
Floats are in good working order. They work in tandem with the 5 gal per minute discharge
Apo. Apo is clean and in good working order.
Vacuum is working very well, heating element working well.

2. Tools for carpet, upholstery and hard surface cleaning, enough tools to keep 2 techs busy. Fans and other miscel.

3. 16’ tandem axle trailer with electric brakes, well built it has a spayed on floor and diamond plated walls, it has utility shelves, a plastic battery holder and a holding box for a large pump up sprayer. It also has a couple of wheel wells that need replacing. I put a lot of miles while I was active in my business.... it is not new.

My previous for sale post stated I was willing to accept $28k for the whole package picked up at my place in Oregon.

Here is the ground rules of engagement with any one who is absolutely serious.... you are expanding and been in this type of business. Or you are interested in starting a turnkey business that will start making you money. I can give you a little guidance with the little I know.

To remove my ads from any forums or selling sites I accept $5k cash down payments or veryfied cashier’s checks that I can deposit and clear my account.

If you can afford my well maintained and cared for equipment state it upfront....

If you need financing and state upfront how long you need to get it done!

I am going through engine, tools and trailer inch by inch. JonDon’s in PDX was a couple of weeks out!

Attachments