Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
Well I final getting problem with my CRB, three weeks ago I had smoke coming out of her. down big time, found out after taking apart, the run and start capacitor, fuse breaker micro switch min switch needed all replacing, work great start up without hesitation. work for about two weeks and one of the brush stop Turning, took it apart and found both bearing froze and broke one of the gear, strip out the plastic bushing. just order the parts yesterday at $196.00. the first time it broke down it cost me another $175.00 I hope this is done for a awhile. I going broke. I need to buy another one so I have a backup, can't go without it any more. when ups show up today, I will put it all back together if I have the right parts. LOL so far all my cleaning equipment has been reliable. not no more. ps I only change two of the bearing on the front brushes. the rear look find, but I will keep a eye on it.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Vito,

Whittaker CRb and the Brush pro are made by Rotowash. They use the same bearing that is used in many bicycle bottom bracket assemblies. I have drilled a tiny number 30 hole through the bearing seal and pump the bearing up with a needle nose grease gun periodically. These machines are really under load when running the stiffer brushes. Keeping the bearings greased reduces the resistance on the motor so it'll run cooler and drawing less amps. Heat from high loads ages electronic parts rapidly. I melted the low/high toggle switch in my Mytee rotary. One wire coming from the on/off switch feeding the hi/lo selector had. Some broken wires strands....that left fewer strands to try and meet the load. It melted the plastic cover over the terminals in the switch. I've banged that machine around a lot in 21 months. It goes back together today, now that a daughter, son- in - law and grandkids are on their way back down to San Pedro.

Reactions: Vito

Vito

Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
no it the Bering for sure and they are of high quality, Paul has a great ideal about injection grease into them, what took it out was tile master I am sure of that. one Bering came out easy and still intact, but frozen solid. the other came out in pieces. I have a strong crb. I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of it. it look well made. I bought it used two year ago and ran the shit out it. I was told that they are all made by the same manufactory in Germany.
but what do I known. LOL Omar the first time it broke it was a the capacitor I notice that I had to push the mach to get it to start. when I first got it , would start right away. as time goes on the harder it was to get going, I think it put a lot of load on the motor and switches high amp draw. it was running like a rape ape until the Bering went out. that had to put a addition load on everything.
I going to keep a good eye on the rear bering, also I going to put a thin layer of grease on the Bering to help keep the tile master out of the Bering

Reactions: Omar

Vito

Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
I also notice that tm is getting to the powecoat on the sides, it start to bubble and it going at the stainless steel also. I need to clean her down after a tile job. I only clean it on carpet job, because of all the shit it pick up. on tile I would skip the cleaning. big mistake.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
CRB machines can look the same on the outside but use different parts on the inside. I have posted several times about higher quality gears and bearings in the Brush Pro and a more powerful motor.

Vito

Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
I been all over this mach and the parts are high quality . the gear broke because of lock up Bering. and it broke on the shaft. something has to give. the motor is a beast on this mach. it has good seal Bering, let be fair cheap is cheap. I check this mach out from top to bottom and I have to say it using high quality parts, workmanship Is good. I should of caught this a long time ago. I pull the brushes out all the time. this is why they put a plastic bushing in the Bering it was strip out, it was the Bering closes to the gear that when it gave out , something had to give, I am surprise that the gear did not jump teeth. not even once. it bound up and snap the shaft on the gear.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
I also have a strong dry crb. I'm in pa and had to send it down to Florida 4 times in less than a year for various repairs. It's a real pia....but I will say they always fix it at their expense. I usually have to pay shipping one way. I think next time it breaks I'm going to buy a small 175 and use that for agitation and forget about the crb...too many problems.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
The problem is not the CRB, like Vitto said, The problem is the operator, Of course, unconsciously.
Most owners use and abuse this machines and never ever maintain them properly. I have seen some people WASHING THE MACHINE and some others, washing rugs with them exposing the machine to more moisture than it could handle safely. For those who have open one of those machines, the first thing they find wrong is that the bearings froze and look rusty. Ever wonder why or how it happened?
Well, the bearing cover no matter how close it is to the "brush shaft" it still lets moisture pass to the bearing in normal use. so it is a good idea to insert some grease like Paul suggested every now and then and make it a habit to remove the bearing cover every month clean it up real good with w-40 dry it with compressed air and pit the cover together again.
every three months, remove the gear cover clean them all in the same fashion and re-grease them with the white grease during assembly. I forgot the name of it.

Don't wash it wipe it clean on every job. If the dirt and mud dries on you, use a spray bottle and spray to moisten the dirt and wipe it clean with a damped rag wipe it dry with DUH! a dry rug.

This will extend the life of your CRB. maintenance is the key.

anybody in LA area who does not know howe to fix the strong or any other CRB contact me I'll show you step by step how to care for your baby. BEER FEE WILL APPLY. If you want me to fix it for you, I will charge you reasonable rates.

Vito

Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
also what help out on the bearing is to fill grease between the cover and the Bearing , help keep the chem out. the more I think about this, the more I believed that the bearing is what took all the system out. it put a heavy load on the capacitor and in turn burn all the elec component out. this will not happen again. I will keep a good eye on the bearings for now on, when I clean the brushes. the bearing are cheap to replace and easy to do also. latter on I will buy a couple for spares and have them in the shop. I got to known this piece of a equipment well. and you can not go without the crb and replace it with 175, no comparisons with the crb and what it does. JMO

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
also what help out on the bearing is to fill grease between the cover and the Bearing , help keep the chem out. the more I think about this, the more I believed that the bearing is what took all the system out. it put a heavy load on the capacitor and in turn burn all the elec component out. this will not happen again. I will keep a good eye on the bearings for now on, when I clean the brushes. the bearing are cheap to replace and easy to do also. latter on I will buy a couple for spares and have them in the shop. I got to known this piece of a equipment well. and you can not go without the crb and replace it with 175, no comparisons with the crb and what it does. JMO
yes it did.

They have a break down of parts on their website. check it out. great people to do business with.