Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I suggest you keep this because I'll bet I could be one of the very few that remember:

Here are a few companies who no longer exists that I remember (over the past 48 years) for whatever the reason. This is part of our "History" (and probably long forgotten).

1. Mr. Steam (CO)
2.Bee Clean (FL)
3. Deep Clean (NJ)
4. Harloff (CO)
5. Chemco (TX)
6. Workmaster (CA)
7. Steam Genie (AZ)
8. Deep Steam (MI)
9. Karpet Steem (MI)
10 Badger (MI)
11. Certified Chem & Equip. Co (OH)
12 White Magic (MS)
13. Hild (ILL)
14. Eagle (CA)
15. Diamond Back (CO)
16. Carpet Jenny (CO)
17. Castex (MI)
18. Big Red (CA)
19. Extraction Ind. (CO)
20. Steamatron
21. Steam Valet (Canada)
22. Purex
23. Powerclean Ind.
24. Steam Master
25. Ace TM (NV)
26. Velocity Ind.
27. Thermax
28. Steamway Int. (CO)
29. Savage (OH)
30, Brevik TM (WA)

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Thanks, Tom.

The above list was only the makers of carpet extraction equipment. However, you did bring up another important company, maker of cleaning agents.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I remember several of those names. Mr. Steam was the very first machine I used back in the early 80's while working the night shift in a medical building. I used it to maintain all the carpets in a 5 story medical facility. Castex made the first machine I bought for my business to start me out in 1987 and they made the first truck mount capable machine that I was aware of at the time. I think they had two models that were advertised as electric truck mounts. I used the Castex DVA for a few years during the mid 90's with a Little Giant for heat. I also purchased a Hild 175 rpm along with the Castex Challenger 900 in 1987. I only wished I'd known better how to use it.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Sometimes I run into old-timers in my market and they always like to rib me for how easy I have it with the truck mount compared to what they had available in the 80's =)

I tell them most likely I'll be lamenting the same when robots are able to do the same in 20 years lol.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Sometimes I run into old-timers in my market and they always like to rib me for how easy I have it with the truck mount compared to what they had available in the 80's =)

I tell them most likely I'll be lamenting the same when robots are able to do the same in 20 years lol.

Just throw I back at them

Sure it’s lots easier with my machine

Bet I do more jobs in a day than you ever could

So in reality Im working harder than you did....

Then tell them to stop being a grumpy old man, the house and land prices means they bought cheap and have made a fortune since...Ask them if they wish they were starting out now with no house and a fancy machine. And when then say “oh no” I wouldn’t want to start again these days - say I thought I had it easy Old Man

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yeah no shit, funny how many people could buy their first home by 25 back in the day...

My wife and I have been saving for a big down payment on our first home and 5 years later we are still saving for it lol. Almost there though !

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
In fairness to you though you can remember when steam was discovered! Just sayen