Loosing pressure on 370 ss | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Loosing pressure on 370 ss

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
370 ss pressure has fluxuating and dropping to zero. It also sounds sluggish when in the run position before I start it. Help please?

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
370 ss pressure has fluxuating and dropping to zero. It also sounds sluggish when in the run position before I start it. Help please?
Sounds like wherever the pump is getting it's water from. Sounds like the pump is being starved from water. Check all the filters before the pump is where I would start. Make sure it has plenty of water wherever it is taking it from or whatever is feeding it make sure it is producing enough

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
Sounds like wherever the pump is getting it's water from. Sounds like the pump is being starved from water. Check all the filters before the pump is where I would start. Make sure it has plenty of water wherever it is taking it from or whatever is feeding it make sure it is producing enough
Thanks, but I checked all the filters and lubed the pressure regulator o rings.

Reactions: JD5150

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Secret magical trick with that unit....
Remove the radiator cap on the pressurized water box. You will probably find it is pressurizing with air rather than water. If you open it and hear a lot of air escape you found the issue. I've seen several that did it from time to time

Reactions: JD5150

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
Secret magical trick with that unit....
Remove the radiator cap on the pressurized water box. You will probably find it is pressurizing with air rather than water. If you open it and hear a lot of air escape you found the issue. I've seen several that did it from time to time
Thanks I'll give that a try after she cools down.

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
The water box is probably filling with steam because it is getting to hot...the pressure regulator does not know the difference between steam pressure and water pressure so it thinks the box is full and is not opening to allow more water in...get ahold of Sapphire and see if they can get you a pressure vent to put on the back of the water box to allow the steam to escape.....
P5030213.JPG

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
The water box is probably filling with steam because it is getting to hot...the pressure regulator does not know the difference between steam pressure and water pressure so it thinks the box is full and is not opening to allow more water in...get ahold of Sapphire and see if they can get you a pressure vent to put on the back of the water box to allow the steam to escape.....View attachment 72649
Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
The water box is probably filling with steam because it is getting to hot...the pressure regulator does not know the difference between steam pressure and water pressure so it thinks the box is full and is not opening to allow more water in...get ahold of Sapphire and see if they can get you a pressure vent to put on the back of the water box to allow the steam to escape.....View attachment 72649
Is that one from sapphire in the picture?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
The radiator cap is vented for air. It has a tiny piece that acts as a float that closes the vent when water fills it up... Or that is how it is supposed to work. When did they add a vent for steam??

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
The radiator cap is vented for air. It has a tiny piece that acts as a float that closes the vent when water fills it up... Or that is how it is supposed to work. When did they add a vent for steam??

long time ago when they figured out the cap is not venting the way it should with a water box full of steam......it has been on my 570 for at least 2.5/3 years and it has been trouble free ever since.........

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
long time ago when they figured out the cap is not venting the way it should with a water box full of steam......it has been on my 570 for at least 2.5/3 years and it has been trouble free ever since.........
Interesting... I had that conversation with Scott several times when I found it. I was told it couldn't happen. Guess it could after all. Thanks for the info

Jim Martin

Jun 5, 2008
Tucson Arizona
a friend of mine in Colorado was having the same problem...I sent him a link to buy one and he got it put it on and his problem went away..also Sapphire helped him and he now has 2 of them on his...

I recommend he calls and talks to Rick at Sapphire..to be sure........

chris itz

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
chris itotia
how old is your ss370? had the same problem with mine and it was the float in the water box

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
a friend of mine in Colorado was having the same problem...I sent him a link to buy one and he got it put it on and his problem went away..also Sapphire helped him and he now has 2 of them on his...

I recommend he calls and talks to Rick at Sapphire..to be sure........
Thanks

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
So in all reality it is being starved of water because it thinks water is there but isn't?

ROLL TIDE!!!

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Michael Neal
ok.the solution i described is specific to the first ss370 model.They changed the components in the waterbox in the newer models so its most likely something else.
I think mine is older, it had the brass regulator got adjustments.