Looking to start a second van...4 hours away. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking to start a second van...4 hours away.

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Hey guys, So long story short my old man has taken interest in how well our carpet cleaning has done these last couple years and has suggested helping me expand the business.

He runs a carpet installation company, and has a crew in town here as well as one in a city nearby(My brother and another long time helper) They just entered the area last year and work can be somewhat spotty for them. Essentially he suggested we get another van running over there, train them and their spouses and use them to run carpet cleaning.(Can do repairs/stretching as well Easy!)

Anyone ever have much experience running a business from out of town? My old man has it a little different as all their jobs out there are booked through him, so he can oversight things well, the carpet cleaning we would have to set them up taking the calls and booking as it works for them out there.

Just don't want to bite off more than i can chew as it wont be a situation where i can run out there often to check up on things. This will be my first attempt at starting a second van or anything similar. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.