Looking to get back into the buisness full-time! but need advice! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking to get back into the buisness full-time! but need advice!

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Some of you may remember me from a few years back. I use to run my CC business on the side with a portable. I was busy and that is why i quit doing it. May sound dumb, but i was busy in the evenings and on weekends, and while working 40hrs plus at my full-time job i got burned out. I was away from my family and kids, and didn't want to miss out on their yearly years of growing up. At the time, i did not have the "balls" to quit my job and try to run the business full-time. I was scared not knowing if i was going to be able to provide for my family, waiting for the phone to ring.

I am at the point that i want to quit my job, and run my CC business full time. If i do, i am going to buy a truckmount this time. So its going to be a bigger investment this time. I plan to buy a good used van and TM. I also run a side business now, that makes me almost what my full time job does now, and anything i made with my CC business would be a bonus. I loved doing it, just didn't have the extra time to do it.

I know where i live, the work is here, i just need advice on what kind of CC business i want. We have a few green guys in town that offer 1 hour dry time, and couple that offer dry cleaning. So what methold do i go with. Do i stick with HWE? At this point, that is all i have done, and it worked great for me. But how do i compete with 1 hour dry time?

My profile picture is from when i ran my CC buisness 4 years ago.

Attachments

• DSCI1180.JPG
    DSCI1180.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 127

EverythingFlooring

Mar 28, 2014
Some of you may remember me from a few years back. I use to run my CC business on the side with a portable. I was busy and that is why i quit doing it. May sound dumb, but i was busy in the evenings and on weekends, and while working 40hrs plus at my full-time job i got burned out. I was away from my family and kids, and didn't want to miss out on their yearly years of growing up. At the time, i did not have the "balls" to quit my job and try to run the business full-time. I was scared not knowing if i was going to be able to provide for my family, waiting for the phone to ring.

I am at the point that i want to quit my job, and run my CC business full time. If i do, i am going to buy a truckmount this time. So its going to be a bigger investment this time. I plan to buy a good used van and TM. I also run a side business now, that makes me almost what my full time job does now, and anything i made with my CC business would be a bonus. I loved doing it, just didn't have the extra time to do it.

I know where i live, the work is here, i just need advice on what kind of CC business i want. We have a few green guys in town that offer 1 hour dry time, and couple that offer dry cleaning. So what methold do i go with. Do i stick with HWE? At this point, that is all i have done, and it worked great for me. But how do i compete with 1 hour dry time?

My profile picture is from when i ran my CC buisness 4 years ago.
I don't think yous should try to compete with the one hour dry time....do both...stick with HWE and have a good encap system too...a lot of guys hang their hat on one or the other...you should really have both anyway...if the truckmount breaks down you could still get the job done.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I don't think you try to compete with the one hour dry time....do both...stick with HWE and have a good encap system too...a lot of guys hang their hat on one or the other...you should really have both anyway...if the truckmount breaks down you could still get the job done.
Great advice, plus it is also possible to achieve quick dry times doing HWE with the right procedures and equipment.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
One hour dry time is important.

To cleaners.

Customers don't care.

You can regularly deliver 3 or 4 hour dry times with HWE. And that's fine.

Plus you're really cleaning the carpet.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Does your second business not take very much of your time? if that's the case I would build that a little more then quit the FT job and add CC. I don't have a "real job" but I have three different businesses that keep me occupied and pays the bills. Nice to have you back.