Looking to buy equipment

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Hello everyone, I’m looking to star duct cleaning in Florida. I want to get a negative air machine. Where to purchase ? Where do I purchase the big air compressor that is needed. Looks like Home Depot doesn’t sell it. What else is a must ?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I believe Florida requires a Class A HVAC license to clean ducts. I may be mistaken on this, however. If so, do you already have the necessary licenses and training?

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
If you have everything necessary paperwork wise, nikro.com has great startup packages. Also make sure you want to use a compressor, if you do a lot of buildings that are a long stretch from the door, a brush system may be better for you. I know compressors are more popular now but my old boss has been doing it for 20+ years without one and he does just fine.

Reactions: johnp94

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Let’s keep this on topic. This is a topic on equipment. I will start a different post on licensing if I need further info. Thanks for the info Dream Clean. I will plan on having any and all equipment needed for different setups. I do need hands on training.

Last edited:

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Let’s keep this on topic. This is a topic on equipment. I will start a different post on licensing if I need further info. Thanks for the info Dream Clean. I will plan on having any and all equipment needed for different setups. I do need hands on training.
For brush setups there's a company out of CT called Scand Tech that makes good smaller brushes, and for larger ones get a Cobra 5. It has wireless remote controls for when you're up on a ladder or whatever. Also a good hepa vac is really necessary. Either one with a long hose or a light backpack one for cleaning vents and the duct openings.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I saw SS blowing the vents with compressed air.. I was surprised they weren’t vacuuming. I didn’t stick around to see the completion of the job. I stopped by the house to see the maids because I was CC the next day. SS told me I don’t need a HVAC license to clean the vents.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
What do you see here. Looks like a small portable compressor in the back.
4DFEB04E-46A5-4D6D-8AEF-362CA59842A1.jpeg