Direct Mail EDDM - Looking for the right software | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Looking for the right software

Joe Fries

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Real Name
Joe Fries
Business Location
United States
Hi,

I’m looking for a way to streamline sending reminder postcards and emails to my customers. I want to send these reminders every month to my customers who’ve used my service during the current month going back 5 years. So the reminder will say “It has been 1,2,3,4, or 5 years since your last cleaning…” So if Mrs. Jones used my service 4 times over the past 10 years, is there software that will filter out the 3 older events and only show the newest scheduled event and do this in large quantities of customers simultaneously? I’ve been doing this manually in a spread sheet but it gets harder of course as the customer base grows larger. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Joe

Reactions: admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Hi,

I’m looking for a way to streamline sending reminder postcards and emails to my customers. I want to send these reminders every month to my customers who’ve used my service during the current month going back 5 years. So the reminder will say “It has been 1,2,3,4, or 5 years since your last cleaning…” So if Mrs. Jones used my service 4 times over the past 10 years, is there software that will filter out the 3 older events and only show the newest scheduled event and do this in large quantities of customers simultaneously? I’ve been doing this manually in a spread sheet but it gets harder of course as the customer base grows larger. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Joe
Everything you're asking for is inside: www.tryhousecall.com/tmf - I added TMF to this as if you register for a free demo and ever sign up you can get up to 20% off for life. It's the all in one app we use to manage our entire cleaning business.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Joe Fries

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Real Name
Joe Fries
Business Location
United States
So if I have Mrs. Jones set up to receive a reminder card once a year from her service date of July 1st and then she books me on Dec. 1st… will the software automatically set her up to receive the reminder one year from Dec. 1st, or does that have to be changed manually?

Reactions: admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
So if I have Mrs. Jones set up to receive a reminder card once a year from her service date of July 1st and then she books me on Dec. 1st… will the software automatically set her up to receive the reminder one year from Dec. 1st, or does that have to be changed manually?
It resets automatically! That is whats so cool about it :D - So lets say she uses you on July 1st 2016, then its set to auto send out a snail mail card + email on July 1st 2017 but then she uses you on Dec 1st 2016, well it will auto reset for her annaul cleaning to be Dec 1st 2017. www.tryhousecall.com/tmf - setup a free demo with that link so that way if you ever sign up for any packages you will get the discounts automatically ;)

Reactions: HouseCall Pro

Joe Fries

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Real Name
Joe Fries
Business Location
United States
After talking with an HCP rep. I found out that House Call Pro will only work if I use their postcard mailing service. It won’t generate a database for me to do an Outlook mail merge. Thanks for your input, but it looks like I'll have to keep looking.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
After talking with an HCP rep. I found out that House Call Pro will only work if I use their postcard mailing service. It won’t generate a database for me to do an Outlook mail merge. Thanks for your input, but it looks like I'll have to keep looking.
Why would you want to do a outlook mail merge? You can just auto set your campaigns to send out cards 3, 6, 12 months out for ppl to keep using your services. Are you looking to track it all yourself? We use their mailing service and email blasts, works like a charm and zero manual work like we used to many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Joe Fries

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Real Name
Joe Fries
Business Location
United States
Well, for one, 65 cents per postcard vs. 39 cents if I do it myself. Plus, I have all the other features of HCP already set up in other apps. so i can't justify the monthly expense of HCP just for just the postcards feature.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Hi,

Thanks,
Joe
Can't think of any program off the top of my head. You can try contact Send Out Cards and see if they can create a campaign that over rides a set campaign for individual clients.

Other that I would think you might have to build it yourself. Use Access Database and the spreadsheets you have to create a client database with the different campaign features. Under each client you'll create an "If>Then" code to over ride your campaigns. Setup Access to speak to Outlook... Batta Boom Batta Bing... Now this is time consuming, but I am sure the end features would be pretty awesome...