Looking for infrared camera advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for infrared camera advice

Maximum Carpet

May 22, 2014
www.maxcarpets.com
Real Name
Jeff Hasse
Business Location
United States
An IR camera has been on my short list to buy for a while now. FLIR seems to be the leader in the space and most of the ones for water damage are $1K and up. Just saw they sell something called the FLIR One which is an IR camera that connects to an iPhone and is only like $250. Anybody have any experience with one of these - is it a good deal or am I better off buying a 'real' one?

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I have the flir one and I have seen the more expensive ones as well.

If you do a lot of water restoration work it is worth investing in a proper one.

If you don't do a ton but still do some the flir one should be helpful.

The thermometer readings aren't going to be as accurate but what you will get is a broad image of the area. But you will need to pair the findings with a moisture meter.

With the flir one each image is calibrated on its own (sort of). In one image a 65 degree area might be red since everything else is at a lower temperature, while in another area 65 degrees may be blue since everything else in that area is warmer.

It is definitely helpful but again it is definitely not the same as the more expensive ones.

all that being said I am happy I bought it.

Reactions: Scott W

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
An IR camera has been on my short list to buy for a while now. FLIR seems to be the leader in the space and most of the ones for water damage are $1K and up. Just saw they sell something called the FLIR One which is an IR camera that connects to an iPhone and is only like $250. Anybody have any experience with one of these - is it a good deal or am I better off buying a 'real' one?
waste of mney get the c2

Bruce DeLoatch

Premium VIP
Jun 10, 2009
www.tcsatl.com
Real Name
Bruce DeLoatch
Business Location
United States
I really like the FLIR E5 $1495. It is a great balance between performance and price. As you step up in the Ex series, the primary benefit is increased screen resolution.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
I have the Flir One. It works great as long as the phone will stay up with it. Mine works great but I have the Moto X Pure Edition which has a great camera so the Flir does well with mine.