Looking for experienced advice. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for experienced advice.

Tip Top Enterprises

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Nicholas Evanchuck
Good afternoon all, I have a few questions regarding a truck mount I purchased for a failed recent business venture. I have a ProChem Performer I purchased about 2 years ago with a enough equipment for starting up a owner operated residential carpet cleaning company, so I thought. The van I had purchased with it has since had a seized engine, and due to capitol issues and poor planning is sitting in storage right now with all the equipment in it and I have since moved on in life towards a career I enjoy very much. I had purchased all this for $10,000 dollars (which I am aware is irrelevant if not anywhere near the actual value) two years ago from whatever hours it initially was to 4291 without any problems.

My first question is this: what are options for removing this truck mount from the van? Would I be better off calling a mechanic? Do mechanics do this, or will I have to call https://shop.truckmountforums.com or a similar company? Can I do this myself, or some help from a neighbor, with this type of carpet cleaner? Can it be removed at all? I have tried finding this information in owner manuals and scanning this forum but am having trouble with this problem after months of procrastinating. (I want to make it clear this was a failed business venture, as someone with who made an impulsive investment with very little experience with carpet cleaning or business in general)

Second question: how much would be a reasonable price to sell this unit? I will post pictures, and all information I can about it and answer any questions that may help. I would like to sell it as quickly as possible as my career is taking me out of state and I do not want to have to worry about transporting such a large item and only to be used by me as an expensive paper weight longer.

Unit info: ProChem Performer, liquid cooled.

4291.5 Hours on engine.

It has what I am estimating to be 250 feet of vacuum hose and about 50 feet longer of that high temperature hose on reels, as well as a couple of water hoses. It has a good bit of rust and wear on body, but in the year I had it in service ran wonderfully every week day. I washed the waste tank regularly. I have a 4 injector wand, as well as a couple stair wands, one commercial Air Mover, an orbital tile scrubber with pads, an orbital Hydromaster hard surface cleaning wand, a portable upholstery cleaner, an upholstery wand, and a few basic acidic and alkaline chemicals, as well as what's left over of the spotting kits. If it makes any difference to this I am in the Olympia WA.

What would be reasonable for this? I will respond to any questions as accurately as I can for whatever may help narrow an accurate assessment from you guys, the pros. Free to any PM as well. I want any input, I apologize for any naivety and appreciate the time and advice. Have a wonderful day.

Ps. If this is this wrong location for this post I apologize, newbie.

IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG

Tip Top Enterprises

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Nicholas Evanchuck
Sure, the Van is a 1998 e250. Roughly 198000 miles last time I checked. That being said the van itself does not run because of seized engine, which is why I'm trying to have the truck mount removed to sell, and to scrap or part the van without the seized engine. I was told by local shops the engine would cost upwards of 5000 dollars so I figured removing the mount which works perfect and scrapping the van would be the best route, unless it might be easier to sell as is?

tres

Mar 3, 2015
Real Name
tres davis
20 year old van and 5k hours on a machine i think you could probably just give it away and be happy honestly

Nobody in their right mind would give a penny for it

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Scrapped for parts is your only play imo

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
20 year old van and 5k hours on a machine i think you could probably just give it away and be happy honestly

Nobody in their right mind would give a penny for it

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Scrapped for parts is your only play imo

I think the van has the blown motor, not the machine

Tip Top Enterprises

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Nicholas Evanchuck
The van is the only thing broken. The ProChem does have 4000 hours. Are you suggesting it is literally worthless and I should tow it to dump instead of salvaging any sale for all the equipment listed? I don't doubt your reasoning, would just like a little further justification and insight from others here as well before I throw away the last portion of this investment.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Where are you located.
Granted you most likely will not get all your money back. But if it's a running and operating unit you can get some of your investment back.
As to your question can it be removed and reinstalled in another van.

Tip Top Enterprises

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Nicholas Evanchuck
I am located in Olympia, Washington.

I'm glad to hear that something might be salvageable of the situation, at this point I'll take anything. I am confident all items i listed are all in at least moderate condition and everything is running and works well.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I would buy it and remove it for you if you were on the east coast. I’m in Va Beach. We couldn’t be further apart.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
There is another thread called, Looking for Performer 405 parts.
Check it out the two of you may can help each other out. As your units will interchange.