Looking for area rug cleaner - Houston Texas area | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for area rug cleaner - Houston Texas area

spincycle

Jul 19, 2020
Real Name
Andy K
Hey,

How are you all? I am not sure if this is the right place to post this @rob allen @admin Apologies if it is not.

I am looking for an area rug cleaner (you know one of those Persian rugs) which my client purchased from abroad, I presume it is Silk. We are in the Houston, Texas area.

On that note, any recommendations for a trusted household carpet cleaner in the area is also welcome.

Thank you very much

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
What exactly do you mean by trusted household carpet cleaner? Person or chemical?

Reactions: spincycle

spincycle

Jul 19, 2020
Real Name
Andy K
Hello,

Thank you for the question, let me clarify

a) Someone to clean my clients' persian rug, they can take the rug to the person or to a store, it is about 6ft by 4ft.

It has some dog urine in it :( As it is silk, I am not sure how to clean it DIY

b) Someone who can go to their home and disinfect and clean the carpets which are inside the house, these are the typical carpets which are attached to the floors

Thank you friend

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Ok. I wouldn't be able to help with that kind of rug but I can clean the other carpets. I'd have to go see them though. Any particular reason why they'd need disinfecting?

Reactions: spincycle

spincycle

Jul 19, 2020
Real Name
Andy K
Any particular reason why they'd need disinfecting?
Just wear and tear, maybe a few years since it was cleaned and the dog had urinated in some spots on the carpet in the past. There is a carpet in in just a few rooms within the house.

Thank you

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@mrg.mrg.

This is very out of the ordinary.....tread lightly.

This is one sentence away from being a classic scam.

Reactions: rob allen

spincycle

Jul 19, 2020
Real Name
Andy K
Hi @Spazznout Curious as to why you think this is a scam?

I am not asking for any freebies, etc. I am genuinely asking for referrals for two services.

I am a work from home parent now, have been in the restaurant and home cleaning business till the shut downs etc.

My clients are working professionals, live in a nice neighborhood and pay fair prices.

For added comfort, would it help to escrow a deposit or estimated payment in advance of the site visit, if they use a fellow member for the services?

I will be glad to answer any concerns you have.

Last edited:

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
You need a specialized facility to clean a silk rug. You are NOT going to find that here. Full stop. The concern is the normal avenue to finding a service pros is to google your local providers. Consider community reputation and reviews, then make a visit to see if they are the type of bizz you would want cleaning your clients expensive silk rugs.

These rugs are NEVER cleaned in home. Curious with your stated experience why you are NOT aware of the fact that it needs cleaned at a specialized facility that does silk rugs.

A quick google would have also told you this info.

Also why would you even offer a escrow........again very strange way to do business for a rug cleaning.

I would recommend googling some local shops that do silk and oriental rug cleaning in house as a specialty. This is NOT a place those kind of folks tend to come.

Sorry. your posts just raise sooo many concerns as nothing you are doing is ordinary.

spincycle

Jul 19, 2020
Real Name
Andy K
@Spazznout In fact in my communication with @mrg.mrg. last evening, I clearly stated that the rug can be cleaned on site or off site. I am not requiring them to be cleaned on site only.

I have also posted this in a separate post I made in the rug forum, where I also stated that the rug cleaning can take place anywhere.

Re the escrow, you raised the point of a scam, and usually scams are financially related, so an escrow is a good way to address that concern, especially as I am new to this forum. It was just a means to ease any financial concerns as you raised doubts.

Re google reviews, people often ask for recommendations because of the dubious google and other reviews, there are many paid and other forms of services which can boost a businesses review, and edit negative reviews. I would refer to you to sites such as fakespot which have emerged due to the biases caused by fake reviews.

I am a new posted to this site, and you are a very trusted and reputed member. I am not here to argue or challenge your experience or authority.

I apologize if I should not have asked for recommendations or raised any concerns.

I am glad to clarify any other doubts, and trust that the moderators and other senior leadership as yourself will take any action that you need if you feel my post is of concern.

I am not sure what else to say.

Thank you