Looking for advice from the pros | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Looking for advice from the pros

MMS

Jul 20, 2021
Real Name
Amanda G
Hey all! I run a cleaning business and recently decided I also want to start offering professional carpet cleaning. It has always been something I have wanted to do. It seems like such a satisfying job.

I have taken the iicrc cct course to gain some knowledge on the chemistry, fundamentals and basic knowledge. Now I need to get some hands on experience. I'm looking for any tips or tricks for a newbie like me. (I'm not planning to start offering the service till I get some practice, I have a few family members who will let me use there homes and I also will be buying some carpets to practice on).

I will need to start with a portal unit (hot water extraction). Do you have any recommendations on a good quality machine?

Any recommendations on good quality products?

In Ontario, Canada for reference if that makes a difference.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Hey all! I run a cleaning business and recently decided I also want to start offering professional carpet cleaning. It has always been something I have wanted to do. It seems like such a satisfying job.

I have taken the iicrc cct course to gain some knowledge on the chemistry, fundamentals and basic knowledge. Now I need to get some hands on experience. I'm looking for any tips or tricks for a newbie like me. (I'm not planning to start offering the service till I get some practice, I have a few family members who will let me use there homes and I also will be buying some carpets to practice on).

I will need to start with a portal unit (hot water extraction). Do you have any recommendations on a good quality machine?

Any recommendations on good quality products?

In Ontario, Canada for reference if that makes a difference.
what are you looking to clean? houses, high rises, apartments???
I have the rotovac ranger/cfx...use it for commercial high rises...hotels...https://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac-ranger-1200-psi-portable-extractor/ also have a STEMIN DEMON is use for apartments...really nice/lite weighs 35 lbs. / compact quick setup and cleans well with 3-5 gpm flushinghttps://www.steamindemon.com/cp_products/steamin-demon-classic/

MMS

Jul 20, 2021
Real Name
Amanda G
Thank you for your response!

I was thinking to start with homes, apartments and offices, as I may be able to offer carpet cleaning as a add on service to some of my regulars.

Honestly high rises and hotels never popped into my head. As a new company what is generally the best to start with, if applicable.